• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 4x4x2 steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Haven't had one of these available in a while since the 4x4 boxes are getting quite difficult to find.

4x4x2 steering box. Freshly converted this weekend.

I'll say $350 to your door but we will need to discuss shipping since it seems like the post office is trying to put themselves out of the flat rate box business these days.

Attachments

• New 800.JPG
    New 800.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 82

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Those boxes rock,I bought one a few months back,very beefy,Jim.:cool:

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Excuse me for my naiveness, but do you mean by "freshly converted"?

This is a 4x4 box out of a 78/79 Bronco or 76-79 F150. On those full size trucks, the pitman arm faces forward. On an EB the pitman arm faces backwards. If you just swap the pitman arm around and install the 4x4 box in an EB, when you turn the steering wheel right, the Bronco will turn left and vice versa. Because you are flipping the pitman arm around, you also need to swap the worm gear out to get the box to turn the correct way to use in an EB. This box has been converted to turn the correct way. The correct worm gear to swap in is found in a lot of two wheel drive trucks (but is also found in some 4x4s) so this conversion has become known as a 4x4x2 box. A 4x4 box combined with parts from a 4x2 box.

Status
Not open for further replies.