• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 cam size

fishindude

Contributor
I am in the middle of building a 5.0 for my bronco. The 5.0 came out of a 92 mustang. It has the stock compression and I am putting gt-40 heads on it. It will be driven around town and up in the back country when I go fishing and camping. What cam should I run in it? I would like it to have some nice low end to it. The bronco has 435 trans in it with 37s and 4.56 gears any thoughts on this would be a big help.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Check and see if you can get a stock Explorer cam, I love mine and another one is the Ford E303

E303 might be a little too much, it likes 900 rpm idle... great in my track mustang, but a little much for low RPM wheeling

I had the Explorer cam in my 75 and the Mustang cam in my 77, both worked fine for me...