• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.5" lift on ebay made by "Cage"

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
I have seen this lift on ebay for some time now. It is supposed to be a 5.5" lift for 800$$ or so. List seems to be complete but sounded kind of fishy.

sellers name is jmoffroad if you do an advanced search by seller

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Not surprizing or fishy just a Cage distributor/dealer doing his thing ebay style %)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
That guy is a Bronco owner and, I believe, a member here although not too active. I spoke with him about some other stuff before and he was very nice and helpful. Anyway, I think several people have gone through him to purchase their Cage equipment...he is among the cheapest of their distributors...volume and proximity. Its always the shipping that will get you. The nice thing about using an out of state guy like him is that you wont have to pay taxes...plus, I think he is close enough to Cage that he probably does a self-pick up periodically, so he doesnt get reamed on the shipping like alot of other distributors...where you end up penalized with double shipping and or taxes. Good luck.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought my 3.5" lift from J&M Off Road...nice guy. He runs a 5.5" CAGE system on his Bronco and is fairly knowledgeable about the product. If he can't answer any of your questions off hand, he will call CAGE and get the answer for you. I'd buy from him again.

OP
OP
ripper72

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
Looks like I found the 5.5" lift I want with a good savings. Now I just need to get the rest of my stuff in order. Thanks guys.

mark s

I bought all my Cage stuff from JM and was very happy with the srevice I recieved.

ncsubronc

bigjhoov said:

i just checked out these guys, looks like a pretty good deal. maybe a stupid question, but what's the difference between the 66-75 3.5" lift and the 76-77 3.5" lift. looks like it's just the absence of a track bar bracket? is it possible to get the 76-77 lift and use another track bar bracket such as this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EARLY-BRONCO-HEAVY-DUTY-TRACK-BAR-DROP-BRACKET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ002QQitemZ120040607554QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you call Mike at J&M, anything is possible. He'll mix and match whatever you want and build a kit for you using the CAGE components you want to use. The 76-77 has more drop in the track bar bracket from the factory so depending on your drag-link/tie-rod configuration, you have several options to correct your steering geometry when installing a suspension lift. Most people here will recommend against the drop track bar brackets versus the axle riser bracket, however in my case with a 3.5" lift on a '77 and inverted T-steering, stock worked out perfect. I have my own shock hoops, so I chose to omit the extended shock towers and then added long travel arms for $625.

I would suggest calling a CAGE dealer and speaking with them rather than relying solely on what you see for sale on Ebay as those kits are the "generic" kit that is aimed at the typical install. If there's anything typical about EB's, I have yet to find it. ;D

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Jim and his son Mark (J&M) are good guys, have great deals and are a dealer for Cage. Call Jim, he knows what you need.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I got my lift from him, he can put together whatever package you want, best price that I have found. I will find his number.

J & M Offroad
165 A Winter Road
Winlock, WA 98596
(866) 602-5977 Phone

jmoffroad

Loc.
Winlock
:) Hi this is Mike with J&M Offroad. I would just like to introduce my self and my company. I was a contractor for 11 years before I started J&M Offroad. I have always been into Early Broncos . I have owned 4 . Each one has had a differant suspension. My latest one is running a Cage 5.5" and is by far the best. It has the best ride and flex out of all of them. Very hi quality parts. At J&M Offroad I 880 differant vendors and sell just about every brand of suspension. Cage is the only one I will sell for the early Broncos. My E-bay listing I try to keep simple I would like people to give me a call to find out more. Thanks
ripper72 said:
I have seen this lift on ebay for some time now. It is supposed to be a 5.5" lift for 800$$ or so. List seems to be complete but sounded kind of fishy.

sellers name is jmoffroad if you do an advanced search by seller

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
jmoffroad said:
:) Hi this is Mike with J&M Offroad. I would just like to introduce my self and my company. I was a contractor for 11 years before I started J&M Offroad. I have always been into Early Broncos . I have owned 4 . Each one has had a differant suspension. My latest one is running a Cage 5.5" and is by far the best. It has the best ride and flex out of all of them. Very hi quality parts. At J&M Offroad I 880 differant vendors and sell just about every brand of suspension. Cage is the only one I will sell for the early Broncos. My E-bay listing I try to keep simple I would like people to give me a call to find out more. Thanks

LMAO!!!!! too funny. I'm sure you are very good at what you sell, but seriously "Cage is the only one I will sell for the early Bronco". Unless you want to sell Rancho or Skyjacker, Cage is the only Bronco vendor out there that sells to independant dealers. Duff’s, Tom’s, BC, WH & JBG don’t sell to dealers. What else would we expect you to say about a product you sell, It sucks? I don’t think so. I’m sorry, but just a Bio about your company and qualifications would surfice, not the sales pitch for the product, to which most people all know is pretty good.
Sorry, this is just to much of “tooting my own horn” IMHO

Flame suit properly applied for the onslaught of Cage fans to follow.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
All I know is the Cage dealer deal is a major PITA for the customer or at least the EB community. I just recently ordered another set of cage arms (first set was direct from Cage) and had to do the locate a dealer thing. After calling everyone of them in CA up to Utah it turn out none of them actually stock Cage stuff. They all wait for the call for an order then call Cage to ship it direct to the customer. I asked various dealer why they didn't stock any stuff and some where straight up by saying that its easier and cheaper to ship it direct from Cage vs. dealing with the x2 shipping cost. 1 dealer gave me BS story on how these are custom built arms and needed my exact year of bronco and the reason they would take 3 weeks to get to me was that Cage only builds arms after the order is placed and has full payment for them. LOL. Other dealers were trying to jack me on the shipping cost by adding $50 to the shipping quote I got directly from Scotty at cage to my door.
I can see the reasoning behind it for his full size truck stuff to get the name out in the market but for EB stuff I think it would be best to also take direct orders and eliminate the middle man BS for those that know what they want without a sales pitch. JMHO

Last edited:

jmoffroad

Loc.
Winlock
The reason most dealers ship directly from Cage is to save the customer $. Thier radius arm are not made to order they are just very popular and they sell as quick as they can be made. I will try to give the best price on all Cage items. :)

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
LMAO!!!!! too funny. I'm sure you are very good at what you sell, but seriously "Cage is the only one I will sell for the early Bronco". Unless you want to sell Rancho or Skyjacker, Cage is the only Bronco vendor out there that sells to independant dealers. Duff’s, Tom’s, BC, WH & JBG don’t sell to dealers. What else would we expect you to say about a product you sell, It sucks? I don’t think so. I’m sorry, but just a Bio about your company and qualifications would surfice, not the sales pitch for the product, to which most people all know is pretty good.
Sorry, this is just to much of “tooting my own horn” IMHO

Flame suit properly applied for the onslaught of Cage fans to follow.
Some of the Bronco dealers sell National or Deaver springs. I'm sure that they don't have a problem selling to independent dealers, so yes, there are more options for the small guys than Rancho and Skyjacker, and the sort. JM has good prices on his Cage stuff, why you gotta knock him?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
There are a few other options out there but the really do suck incomparison to the Cage stuff. Each of the vendors have their own which really limits the distribution on a whole. Mike is good people and provides a good service and price, especially considering the distribution problem the Cage products have had in the past. I believe that all Cage vendors use drop ship, us up here in the PNW are lucky cause we can order and just stop by to pick it up. It would be nice if it went back to us being able to order direct from Cage but I dont think it will happen. Anyways,
Cage = Good stuff
J & M = Good people, best prices

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
BroncoMark said:
Some of the Bronco dealers sell National or Deaver springs.

ok, which vendor comes out here and says "I sell Deavers and wouldn't sell anything else" ?

BroncoMark said:
I'm sure that they don't have a problem selling to independent dealers, so yes, there are more options for the small guys than Rancho and Skyjacker, and the sort.

Interesting, last time I was in 4 Wheel Parts in Austin & Houston asked for parts from JBG & Tom's. They didn't even know who they were! But asked for coils from Rancho for my Bronco, had them in stock even. Had a friend call up a few of the Bronco vendors wanting to stock their product, was told that he had to purchase it just like everyone else. To a couple of the vendors credit, he was told that depending on how much he was going to purchase they might give him a small discount (5% or more maybe).

BroncoMark said:
JM has good prices on his Cage stuff, why you gotta knock him?

OK all the vendors have good prices on their stuff, how many of them come out here and start saying "I have ran everyone else's parts, I would only run mine" ?
Your missing my point, He's probably a real nice person, knows what he's talking about when talking tech and Cage products are good stuff. It's just most of the vendors spout off the specs of their product, not " I've run them all and wouldn't use anyone else's". Self gratification

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
FYI the coils from Rancho and Skyjacker and Superlift, etc all suck mainly for 1 reason and its the same reason they are in stock with your local 4xnotreallywholesale parts places...they are F150 coils. not made for our rig (weight bias and tension) but will fit and will lift it. The only made for Bronco suspension out there to the ordinary vendor is Cage. None of the ordinary 4w shops are going to carry anything for out Bronco's except for the Rancho, etc cause as we all know there just arent enough Broncos out there. Considering about 250000 were built and I am sure a good chunk have either been smashed, rusted to the ground, or are sitting in that magical shed awaiting discovery, thats just not a very target audience and is the reason most of the "Bronco Houses" have had to branch out to survive. The $ is in the Jeeps and the fullsize trucks. Anyways, this thread was to ask if the ebay auction was legit, it is and He's not the only one who thinks the Cage stuff is the sh!t.