• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.5" lift on ebay made by "Cage"

jmoffroad

Loc.
Winlock
Hi this is Mike with J&M Offroad. I am not saying Cage is the only product I will run. There is alot of great suspension products out there. I am saying I sell thier parts because they are a very high qualitiy products with a great price.I also have wholesale accounts with alot of the other company's you are talking about. It is hard to beat the quailtiy and preformance for the price.
Dark Star said:
ok, which vendor comes out here and says "I sell Deavers and wouldn't sell anything else" ?

Interesting, last time I was in 4 Wheel Parts in Austin & Houston asked for parts from JBG & Tom's. They didn't even know who they were! But asked for coils from Rancho for my Bronco, had them in stock even. Had a friend call up a few of the Bronco vendors wanting to stock their product, was told that he had to purchase it just like everyone else. To a couple of the vendors credit, he was told that depending on how much he was going to purchase they might give him a small discount (5% or more maybe).

OK all the vendors have good prices on their stuff, how many of them come out here and start saying "I have ran everyone else's parts, I would only run mine" ?
Your missing my point, He's probably a real nice person, knows what he's talking about when talking tech and Cage products are good stuff. It's just most of the vendors spout off the specs of their product, not " I've run them all and wouldn't use anyone else's". Self gratification

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
PDXBronco said:
FYI the coils from Rancho and Skyjacker and Superlift, etc all suck mainly for 1 reason and its the same reason they are in stock with your local 4xnotreallywholesale parts places...they are F150 coils. not made for our rig (weight bias and tension) but will fit and will lift it. The only made for Bronco suspension out there to the ordinary vendor is Cage. None of the ordinary 4w shops are going to carry anything for out Bronco's except for the Rancho, etc cause as we all know there just arent enough Broncos out there. Considering about 250000 were built and I am sure a good chunk have either been smashed, rusted to the ground, or are sitting in that magical shed awaiting discovery, thats just not a very target audience and is the reason most of the "Bronco Houses" have had to branch out to survive. The $ is in the Jeeps and the fullsize trucks. Anyways, this thread was to ask if the ebay auction was legit, it is and He's not the only one who thinks the Cage stuff is the sh!t.

Your missing my point PDX, no where did I say Cage product was bad, no where did I say that JM is a bad guy or doesn't know anything. I did say "tooting" ones own horn". Meaning unless he wants to sell Rancho, Skyjacker, superlift Cage is the only other Bronco specific vendor that has dealers only, no direct sales. So saying "I will only sell Cage products for the Bronco" Is kind of like Ford saying "Only our dealers are allowed to sell Bronco's".

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
There are other products to sell, the ones I listed, but he doesnt because they are crap and not really made for the Bronco.

I just dont think this needs to turn to a vendor bash like the last you were involved in.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
PDXBronco said:
I just dont think this needs to turn to a vendor bash like the last you were involved in.
i was just thinking the same thing..........(he probably drives a chevy too...):-X :-X :-X

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Heh, I do, 05 yukon family wagon. I did just sell my 03 Hemi Ram quad Cab for a 72 Half Cab...does that put me back in the blue?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Haha, I know but thanks for the backup on this, that other thread got nasty. And Mike doesnt need to get trashed for being proud of his product.

ARblackrifle

Loc.
Salt Lake City Utah
I guess unless someone asked for or is paying for marketing advice from a fellow member it is sometimes best to just hold an overly strong viewpoint to yourself. I don't think every time a person takes exception to something as simple as a post that they need to fully rip into it unless it was offensive personally. I'd have a hard time buying that the vendors post was offensive.

The bad part is a vendor has to told his or her tongue when someone lays into them most of the time for obvious reasons. I am pretty sure the vendor was just trying to say something and probably didn't expect a harsh thrashing of his marketing pitch. Probably more important issues out there to fully rail on.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
PDXBronco said:
Haha, I know but thanks for the backup on this, that other thread got nasty. And Mike doesnt need to get trashed for being proud of his product.

yeah, especially when one considers the already mentioned minuscule bronco parc...these guys (vendors) are borderline threading into an art more than a business by catering to us EB-ers in my opinion...

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
PDXBronco said:
There are other products to sell, the ones I listed, but he doesnt because they are crap and not really made for the Bronco.

Fair enough.

Tuck

I have to say that I'd rather buy from a vendor that truly thinks he sells a great product than from one that just wants to sell a product.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Thanks Dark Star, hey you gotta get some pics of your rig up, looks like you've got some goodies ;) Can't wait to get my frame-off done...I am soooo close.