• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.8 EFI throttle linkage question

easton68

Loc.
Salt Lake City
I am installing EFI on a 5.8. I have the lower intake and fuel rail bolted on, the stock throttle linkage on the firewall is hitting the fuel pressure regulator. my gas pedal is stuck wide open. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have suggestions onhow to fix it? Also, what should I use for the throttle cable?
Thank you
Easton68

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
The 5.8 is just like the 5.0. You don't use the stock linkage on the firewall. Remove it. Then use the stock throttle cable for a 'stang and connect it from the gas pedal to the throttle body.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
As mentioned above you need to get rid of the linkage. The cable will bolt into the same place the stock linkage goes through. To connect it to the pedal you need to take the pedal out. then bend the end 90 deg. (for a flat surface that the cable runs through) and drill the hole out to the right size to fit the end of the cable (the cable needs to recess into the end), then slot it so the cable slides over it and the end locks into it. There may be a better description somewhere on how to do this in one of the articles for swapping EFI in a Bronco.

OP
OP
E

easton68

Loc.
Salt Lake City
easton68

Once again, Thanks a lot EB people. I have used tons of your advice and so far everything has gone very well. Hopefully I'll be able to pass it on. I was just wondering though...what year 5.0 should I get the throttle cable from?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
easton68 said:
Once again, Thanks a lot EB people. I have used tons of your advice and so far everything has gone very well. Hopefully I'll be able to pass it on. I was just wondering though...what year 5.0 should I get the throttle cable from?
It doesn't matter too much since the EFI throttle cables are all pretty much the same except for the length. (It could even come off a 5.8) Just be sure it has the throttle body on the passenger side so that you get the longer cable.