• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6 cylinder carb spacer question

OP
OP
B

bdavis70

Loc.
Coos Bay
The problem is the bore on the carb is 1 3/4" and the bore on the manifold is 1.5" It will be easier to replace the carb than the head. In researching the block numbers it looks like my motor came from a 1966-1967 Falcon. I found a carb for a falcon https://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/carburetor/autoline-carburetor/54003_591813_0_1277. I need to check to see what the bore size is on the Falcon carb to make sure it will fit my manifold. Also could I hook up the throttle linkage to this carb? Then I need to find a carb spacer. Thanks to everyone for all the help. I am sure I will have more questions.

ledslinger29

I wouldn’t replace the carb for that, I’d get the right spacer. If your block says C8 it was made for a 68, the DE doesn’t necessarily mean it came out of a falcon, simply that the block was designed for the falcon originally. You could have a c8 block that was delivered in a 71 vehicle, as last not as the block design didn’t change. That doesn’t fix your issue though. Check out VintageInlines.com, they’ve got a good selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bdavis70

Loc.
Coos Bay
I ordered the correct spacer from Vintage Inlines and it should be here this week. Now I can use my rebuilt carb. Thanks for all the help. Brian