• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

60-66 truck speedo the same?

McLeod

A quick search didn't give me any relative results so I'll ask...

Is the similar looking speedometers found in the early to mid sixties Ford P/U trucks the same as a Bronco's speedometer?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Same/similar as the 66' bronco cluster, as were the dash knobs. 67-77' bronco clusters have the white tick marks on the inside of the numbers.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The "matching" truck clusters only had dummy lights for the oil and alternator. Not actual gauges like the Bronco.

OP
OP
McLeod

McLeod

So, the 66 has the tick marks around the top of the numbers and 67 up has tick marks below the numbers?

Is there a market for speedometers cores to rebuild?.
I have found a few of these in the wrecking yards but always passed them by.

Edit:
I just stumbled into a post on another forum that NumberDummy listed the part numbers and applicable models/ years:
C1TZ-17255-E .. Round Speedometer.

1961/66 F100/1100 / 1963/69 N/NT/T500/1000 / 1966/74 Bronco / 1967/69 F800/1000

C5TZ-10850-B .. Ammeter Gauge-Use with alternator and round speedo cluster.

1965/66 F100/1100 / 1965/69 N/NT/T500/1000 / 1966/77 Bronco / 1967/69 F800/1000.

1966/77 Bronco fuel, temp, oil pressure gauges have different dial faces, otherwise they're the same gauges as used in trucks.

Looks like the same part number even though the dial face changed a little.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Same/similar as the 66' bronco cluster, as were the dash knobs. 67-77' bronco clusters have the white tick marks on the inside of the numbers.

The '67s also had the tick marks on the outside. I've seen some '68s that had them as well. I'm guessing Ford used what they had left over before switching to the new design.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The '67s also had the tick marks on the outside. I've seen some '68s that had them as well. I'm guessing Ford used what they had left over before switching to the new design.

Jimmy, you are correct. Also, had a past fellow bronco brother tell me that the font between the '66 and '67 bronco speedos are different too. I have yet to compare but can easily do that since I have one of each. I believe you can compare that too?! ;)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

The 67' that got the 66' leftovers yes, same with the tailgate, bumpers and hub leftovers, so early 67' only.

Was looking at a 66' f100 not long ago and it looked thine they had the same interior door handles, window cranks and arm rests that were used on the 66 and 67 bronco as well.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

And speaking of 68', how's your dad's coming along?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
The 67' that got the 66' leftovers yes, same with the tailgate, bumpers and hub leftovers, so early 67' only.

Was looking at a 66' f100 not long ago and it looked thine they had the same interior door handles, window cranks and arm rests that were used on the 66 and 67 bronco as well.

As far as I can tell, all '67s had the early speedo. Both my Military and dad's '67 parts truck has them and neither are what I call early. In fact, I've never saw a '67 that I knew for sure didn't have that speedo.

'67s were unique in themselves. They had one year only seat upholstery, interior door handles, dash knobs, door lock position, and the Sport package had dash and seat trim.

Dad's '68 U13 isn't getting much attention yet. Key word, yet! I've slowly gathered NOS parts for it and am still looking for some. Once we get the '73 taken care of we can focus on some others finally.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
As far as I can tell, all '67s had the early speedo. Both my Military and dad's '67 parts truck has them and neither are what I call early. In fact, I've never saw a '67 that I knew for sure didn't have that speedo.

'67s were unique in themselves. They had one year only seat upholstery, interior door handles, dash knobs, door lock position, and the Sport package had dash and seat trim.

Dad's '68 U13 isn't getting much attention yet. Key word, yet! I've slowly gathered NOS parts for it and am still looking for some. Once we get the '73 taken care of we can focus on some others finally.

Really? That's interesting on the 67's. The only one's I've seen with the "66" cluster also had the 66 hubs and tailgate, and they were early builds. The others had the tick marks on the inside.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Really? That's interesting on the 67's. The only one's I've seen with the "66" cluster also had the 66 hubs and tailgate, and they were early builds. The others had the tick marks on the inside.

Like I said earlier I've even seen a few '68s have that speedo. There was one locally that was all original and uncut with it. fordfan has a U14 with it as well.

Also, pretty much every '67 I've seen with the original tailgate has the '66 style gate. Including my Military which is a March build. I know it has all the original panels and equipment.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Like I said earlier I've even seen a few '68s have that speedo. There was one locally that was all original and uncut with it. fordfan has a U14 with it as well.

Also, pretty much every '67 I've seen with the original tailgate has the '66 style gate. Including my Military which is a March build. I know it has all the original panels and equipment.

I guess I'm going to have to be more observant lol. There's one on ebay now with 66' tailgate and later speedometer, but who knows if it's original. Rest of the bronco looks it though. Every time I google 67' bronco I frequently see a pretty schnazzy 67' military ;D

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I second what Jimmy has stated on the speedos. I have two '67's and two '68's that all have the earlier speedo, and it appears that they are very original to the Bronco.