• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66 DSO Code

colby45

I just took a look at my VIN plate on my '66 and noticed the DSO code was 89. The EB VIN decoders say that's "transportation services." Has anyone ever seen that code or have any more info on DSO codes? I can't find much more info on it and it seems weird. Thanks.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Could be a number of things. But to boil it down, its a vehicle that was kept and not sold to the public for a while. Could have been kept on Ford property for use around the facility, a test vehicle, driven by someone in high up management who is provided a vehicle, things like that.

OP
OP
C

colby45

That's interesting. I'll have to see if I can dig up any more history on the truck to see where that fits in.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That's interesting. I'll have to see if I can dig up any more history on the truck to see where that fits in.

Let us know if you do find anything out. 66s are harder to research since Marti Reports are not available for them.

OP
OP
C

colby45

Yep #6 on the list of oldest (on CB.com anyway) as far as I know. 170 I6. Having no reports or history does make it tough, but I have made a bit of progress with the history. It's been in the family for a while so that helps as some of my relatives have bits and pieces of info about it, but it was always just the old plow truck.

I'll keep everybody updated on what I find for sure. Right now I've drummed up more questions than answers but that's the fun of it I suppose!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Very cool. I dug up a ton of info along with the help of another forum member about one of my 66'. The guy bought it new in Ohio in July 66', and he himself was 66yo himself in 1966, so I guess it sat on the lot for from Sept 65' till July 66'. He died in 73' (year of my birth, a little spooky) and was never married or had any children. From what I can tell, it sat for a lot of years until his sister sold it to a guy in med school in Ohio, he graduated and moved to Sacramento. His estate sold it last year, it went to Dallas, changed owners twice in a month and then to my house :) Fun stuff!!

20150730_201141_zpsuxyizddu.jpg

OP
OP
C

colby45

How cool! That's so awesome you have the full history on your '66. I hope I'll be able to dig up enough dirt to do the same with mine. One of the joys of owning a classic for sure ;D