• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Hood Etching

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Anyone seen this before? Just noticed it tonight, hood was blasted a couple months ago but this remains. From what I can make out it it's stamped USS, Cold Rolled, what appears to be a part number and an undeniable date stamp of 1 10 66. My Bronco was built Apr 66

I'll tack this onto my build thread as well, but thought it was worthy of its own thread as I've not seen it before in in my (almost) year on this site

Attachments

• IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It's on the driver side, my guess is it would be above the front edge of the wheel well (it's on the underside of the hood guess I should've specified that) and it's sideways, meaning the bottom of the stamp would be toward the engine

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have seen that on another thread, different part of the body. Floor pans I believe.

71Broncitis

When we had the hood on our 67 soda blasted it has a similar batch stamp from US Steel.

This is the batch stamp on the raw coil from the steel supplier that the parts are stamped from, not specific to the part itself or indicative​ of when the hood was stamped. Certainly not for when the Bronco was built since the first Broncos did not roll down the assembly line for 4 months later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
The first Broncos rolled down the line in 1965

I worked at a steel tubing mill in the 90's so I knew the etching was for the raw steel, but knowing it was rolled 3 months before mine was built tells me I have one more (probably) original part on my EB

T-bird like said these etchings can probably be found anywhere on the EB (that's not rusted) mine just happens to be under the hood

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I've found this on a door or two before. Very neat that they still remain after everything is removed. :cool: