• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 running gear question

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Found a '66 frame and running gear. Has aluminum three screw hubs on it. Has a 6 cyl. Any idea what it came with or gearing? Is this worth anything? Just a frame and running gear, that's it. Frame is junk as well.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Could have 4:11s or 4:56s. Definately worth picking up if the price is reasonable. I would probably pay $200 or so..

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
saw a decent set of the old school hubs bring a little over $100 in a recent ebay auction:eek:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
my 66 half cab had 4.56 with the 3 screw hubs
It's dead now.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Thanks guys, that's kind of what i thought. Art, the shafts were both there. Everything is in tact, just old. I'll try to post up some pictures.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
pictures of '66 frame

NIKONPIX051.jpg

NIKONPIX049.jpg

grant_71

Bronco Guru
It's got a 9" rear, that is all you need to resell to a Mustang or Hot Rod guy.

Grant

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I know, just don't know if the rest is worth moving

art

I need at least a front driveshaft assuming it is the longer version for the dana 30 (?). Are you interested in selling?

Does anybody know if the splines can be reconditioned if they are worn? Not a big deal on the front where it will be low speed, but my existing rear is wobbly.

Thanks.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i don't own it, i could call the guy and see if he wants to part it out?