• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 seat belt help

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Agree not the same, my 66 Mustang had the solid black airplane style buckles. When I went to the junkyard to get belts for my 66 Bronco I got a set out of a 68 Galaxie 500, they have like a sunburst release button on the buckle

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Agree not the same, my 66 Mustang had the solid black airplane style buckles. When I went to the junkyard to get belts for my 66 Bronco I got a set out of a 68 Galaxie 500, they have like a sunburst release button on the buckle

I think you might have said those backwards, 66 bronco are solid black airplane style. I'm not sure what the Mustangs had.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Then maybe I got the wrong ones for my Bronco ?:? but I'll still use 'em, especially with all the knuckle-blood I spilled in that Galaxie

Mustangs had both styles depending on date, options etc but mine had the solid

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
The 66 seat belts are the solid, black airplane style mentioned previously and the brackets that anchor them to the floor are bent 90 degrees.
The 67 belts are the same but the brackets are flat instead of being bent.

House

Minutia Militia
Agreed with Ovalis.
This is what the buckles look like:

Attachments

• 67belts2.jpg
    67belts2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 22