• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

67 Bronco Survivor- Questions…

Grabau1

Link to Pics- https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBts2q

Hi! I have been on the market for the perfect Bronco (for me) and am so close here except for a few issues and would love some feedback. This is a 67-survivor from Idaho with 50,000 miles. Original 289, drivetrain, radiator, and interior seats all just rebuilt/redone. It looks to have a small lift and the 2nd owner just purchased last year and did the rebuild with plans of keeping it.

I love the stance and would be fun to mess around in with most of the major systems done. I would love to do a family roll bar for the summer and some other stuff while still keeping the original survivor look. I love the patina but do not like the dents in the body or the mirrors. The seller thinks the side mirrors are original but am not sure. Build sheet all seems to match.

My biggest hangup is the dents and would purchase this if I could get those fixed. The PDR guys told me it has to go to a body shop and the body shop is telling me its paintless dent repair (PDR). I cant get an answer.

Also, as this sits what do you guys think the value is?

Website would not let me upload pics so please see the link above

Contributor
I’m with Don K on this one… +- 30k

As for the dents, sounds like the places you went just didn’t want to deal with it honestly. You’ll have to find the right person willing to give it a shot.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Nice truck! The patina looks off to me (could be the pics or just my old eyes). Is it bare metal? Looks like it goes from red paint, to red primer to bare steel with no surface rust. Again, could just be me........ Congrats on your find!

mebco09

Nice truck! The patina looks off to me (could be the pics or just my old eyes). Is it bare metal? Looks like it goes from red paint, to red primer to bare steel with no surface rust. Again, could just be me........ Congrats on your find!
I agree. They did something to that bare metal.

$30k is right on. I have a friend who sold his 73 survivor in similar condition to a dealer for $29k. It got marked up to $43k and it's sitting.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Little too banged up for me, I collect survivor Broncos and this one looks off to me too. I would also want a lot more pictures if not seeing in person. How are rockers, inner fenders, floor, door posts, etc. How is drivers side, PDR would help but some of the damage is likely too bad.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The dents are major. They will have to be pulled and hammered, filled with bondo primered and repainted. A skilled painter and paint matcher would be able to match the patina and hide the repairs, but it will take a lot of hours. It is doubtful that is original paint. I agree 30k.

PDQ

Contributor
Here's a possible comp for you

Attachments

• 20240518_102419.jpg
    20240518_102419.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240518_102412.jpg
    20240518_102412.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 38