• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'67 Half Cab Value

broozedss

Hello,

I am a new member and if this topic is in the wrong forum please let me know.

My uncle inherited a 67 Bronco Half Cab from my grandpa about 15 years ago. Before my Grandpa died he completely disassembled the Bronco in preparation for a restore. The Bronco is still in pieces. Its stored inside which is good. I am trying to buy it from my uncle and he asked my to make an offer. I am seeking advice on its value. The body is pretty straight but will need a new floor pan and rocker panels. The engine and transmission are no good. I am hoping that you can help or lead me to someone who can. I would really like to get this thing back up and running in memory of my Grandpa Buddy.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hello,

I am a new member and if this topic is in the wrong forum please let me know.

My uncle inherited a 67 Bronco Half Cab from my grandpa about 15 years ago. Before my Grandpa died he completely disassembled the Bronco in preparation for a restore. The Bronco is still in pieces. Its stored inside which is good. I am trying to buy it from my uncle and he asked my to make an offer. I am seeking advice on its value. The body is pretty straight but will need a new floor pan and rocker panels. The engine and transmission are no good. I am hoping that you can help or lead me to someone who can. I would really like to get this thing back up and running in memory of my Grandpa Buddy.

Great story! I don't blame you I'd want to restore that one too. If you could post pictures it would help a lot, is the body still on the frame? Any idea what he wants for it? Hopefully he will not charge you the 'potential' price and let you have it for say $2500 or so, since you are family, you're gonna have to drag it here or there etc. good luck -jeff

OP
OP
broozedss

broozedss

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I need to see if I can get some photos of it. The body has been taken off of the frame. $2500 is less than what I was thinking so you are giving me hope :)

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
No problem, depending on the condition of the tub $2500 may actually be a generous offer. Do a google search of this forum on tub repair, like 'tub repair classicbroncos.com' or something like that, much better than using the search tool on here.

You will see that the floors and rockers that often need replaced turn out to be the tip of the iceberg and the tub is just eaten up with rust. Of course that has a lot to do with how the Bronco was taken care of, used, and geographic location (where are you?). Was Buddy the original owner? Does it have a 289 or a 170 (straight six) engine?

OP
OP
broozedss

broozedss

Thanks for the advice about the tub, I will look it up.

Yes he is the original owner. It originally came with a 6 cylinder. At one point Grandpa converted it to a 302 V8 and moved the gear shift down to the floor. The existing 302 needs a lot of work.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
i'm going to say $500.00. Only since your family also. & no more than a 1000.00...
If he's had it 15 years & It's not rebuilt yet . He ain't doing it.
.. IT'S YOU TIME NOW. & SORRY But that's one will have to have every thing done to it .. SO JUST BECAUSE YOU GET IT FOR FREE.
iT'S STILL GOING TO COST YOU A BUCKET FULL OF CASH

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
i'm going to say $500.00. Only since your family also. & no more than a 1000.00...
If he's had it 15 years & It's not rebuilt yet . He ain't doing it.
.. IT'S YOU TIME NOW. & SORRY But that's one will have to have every thing done to it .. SO JUST BECAUSE YOU GET IT FOR FREE.
iT'S STILL GOING TO COST YOU A BUCKET FULL OF CASH

X2 and your going to have to buy another complete bronco so you can tell how it goes together!

OP
OP
broozedss

broozedss

I think his wife is smarter. :) She said I could have it as far as she is concerned.

Anyway...I do anticipate a long road ahead if I am able to get it. Thanks everyone for your advice and confirming what I have been thinking.

OP
OP
broozedss

broozedss

UPDATE..... I bought it for $2000. He wanted $4500.

I will be posting pics when I go get it. Thank you everyone who offered advice!

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's great! now get some pics up for us to see and figure out what exactly your going to do with it so you don't buy parts you don't need or end up doing something and then changing it later.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome aboard, All kinds of variables w/that question

Would suggest, watching for sale section on here and finding rigs selling that are comparable and base yours on the same...

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Great buy. Hopefully uncle will see a running bronco in a few years and be happy to have it still in the family. Good luck and stay positive. Lots of great folks on the site.

OP
OP
broozedss

broozedss

Update on "Bud's Bronco"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1E77DPlQ2g/Here are pictures of picking up the Bronco. I have not seen it in 14 years. Rocker panels have rust but the rest of the body is pretty good other than surface rust. There are no dents other than in the bed.

Last edited:

chuckyb

Contributor
Looks like a good project, good luck and enjoy the journey.

71 CA Bronco

Help!

This is a great story. Let us know what you need and I'm sure someone, including myself have spare parts from our builds that could help you out. I think you should start a build thread. It would be a fun project to watch come together. I'm sure great memories of your grandpa.

Good luck!

Almost forgot. Don't mess with the door posts! Its a major pain to get them right again. Don't ask me how I know that. ;D