• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 fiberglass totaled by ins co.

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
I am wondering if anyone has come across a Fiberglass 1969 Platinum Gray with black stripes on the hood. The door inserts were fiberglassed right into the tub so there is no seam. It was flooded by Hurricane Wilma and hauled away about a year ago by my insurance co. If you come across and want any questions answered it was mine. Pics are in the gallery under Incognito.

I am in the process of getting a new Rocky Roads restored Bronco to replace it. Should have it in about 3-4 weeks.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
boy , it musta been pretty bad off to total that one ,, i imagine it was worth pretty good money , being in the shape it was in ,,,

OP
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida

I copied the ins co on every receipt as I did the resto. It had been completed about 4 years earlier and they gave me all my receipts plus blue book less about 20% depreciation.

It sat in 3 feet of salt water for about 8 hours but you can never rinse it all out. Everything was starting to rust out pretty bad as far as brakes, front end, shocks, oil pan, driveshafts etc...It took a while for the rust to start showing up but it came on pretty strong.

I had a stainless dash that was a little nicer than the red 74 has. It had a kick-azz stereo with 12" MTX subs 2 amps, 2 6" Boston Acoustics, 2 Boston Acoustics component speakers, Sony stereo. VDO gauges, custom under dash console, IDIDIT tilt column, Beard seats, American Racing wheels, strong 302. Softtop and bikini top, 1/2 doors, lots of Duff and Wild Horses stuff.