• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Frame Off Progress w/ 347 Stroker

dougefresh47

Here is the build progress of my 69 Frame off
-Mods include
-302 stroked to 347 w/ Dart Aluminum heads and March system (dyno @ 420HP/475lbs)
-NV4500 5 speed trans
-Bilstein 5100s (8) (trac bar dropw/ adjust bar/radius arm drop/double shocks)
-New Dana 44 front end
-4 wheel power disc
-3.5" lift 1" body
-Centerline 17s wrapped in 35" BFG MT KM2

Original Before Frame Off
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98588225@N08/9222818485/

The work begins

POR15'd Frame

Motor on Dyno @ Farman Racing in Houston

Final Motor w/ March System

Current Status
Motor in car on roller

Trans and TCase go in this week...keep updating

Oside66

Loc.
Vista, CA
I'm curious what radiator and fan combo you'll be squeezing in the engine bay? I'm almost done with my frame-off rebuild. I used the march pulley set up as well. Things get pretty tight in the front of this set up. I put in a Volvo radiator and 2 speed fan combo. I've only been able to test it while breaking in my new gears and motor while it's suspended on the lift. It gets up to 205 degrees, I put the fan on high speed and it drops to 170. I have yet to test it under normal driving conditions. Good luck, looks great!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Wow! Looks great! Can you get a closer pic of the rear shock mounts? Are the vendors or did you fab up?

Also, curious as to why you used drop- radius mounts for a 3.5" SL. Did you use factory C-bushings?

Keep up the good work, motor looks sweet too!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Very nice! Whats the final paint and interior going to look like? Judging by those wheels this looks more like a resto-mod to me. Love it!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great stance & Nice looking rig.. keep up the great work

don't forget to vote ;)

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What are your cam specs on the 347? I am looking at a custom grind from cam motions. I will have trick flow heads with an air gap intake.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Looking good! You started with a super clean truck! What color is that? You keeping all the exterior the same? You down in texas somewhere?

OP
OP
D

dougefresh47

I'm curious what radiator and fan combo you'll be squeezing in the engine bay? I'm almost done with my frame-off rebuild. I used the march pulley set up as well. Things get pretty tight in the front of this set up. I put in a Volvo radiator and 2 speed fan combo. I've only been able to test it while breaking in my new gears and motor while it's suspended on the lift. It gets up to 205 degrees, I put the fan on high speed and it drops to 170. I have yet to test it under normal driving conditions. Good luck, looks great!

I bought an after market from TBP but I'm pretty sure it's not going to fit w/ puller fan......I'm going to have to cross that bridge soon enough....

OP
OP
D

dougefresh47

Wow! Looks great! Can you get a closer pic of the rear shock mounts? Are the vendors or did you fab up?

Also, curious as to why you used drop- radius mounts for a 3.5" SL. Did you use factory C-bushings?

Keep up the good work, motor looks sweet too!

Rears mounts are Duffs...
I wasn't sure if I was going to increase lift after all was said and done so I decided to go ahead and weld them on anyway. C bushings are 7 deg offset...that being said i probably didn't need em but it's easier to do it with the body off now than when it's back on.

OP
OP
D

dougefresh47

Very nice! Whats the final paint and interior going to look like? Judging by those wheels this looks more like a resto-mod to me. Love it!

Def a Resto mod
I haven't decided on paint possibly a period correct "grabber blue" from the old stangs...maybe black too but seems to blah if you know what I mean.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Love grabber blue! Ck out the new mustangs if you're looking for a base/clear application.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Awexome build... Am I the only one that thought the first pic was the after?? Until I saw the rest. What a starting point.. This will be a bad Bronco.. :)