• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6R80/Dana-20 request

distended

Contributor
Hoping to get some picks of how anyone who's installed a 6R80 and used a Dana-20 Transfer Case (TC), specifically how you have your TC clocked.

I'm using the Advance Adapter 6R8o adapter and think I've tried about every option available on how to spin the TC. In the images below is the only position I'm able to get it in without looking like the drive line to the front axle will interfere with the Trans. That put the TC drain plug up against the frame. I know I have another issue being my cross member, I'm addressing that as well.

091623-1.jpg 091623-2.jpg 091623-3.jpg

Any help will be appreciated, pics would be great if you have some available as well.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Engine mounts on correct side? I had issues with engine wanting to rotate from vertical (one head higher than other) in the mounts, causing tail to move a little one way or other.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The slots in the frame rails are typically pretty fat. Loosen, see if there is enough slop for it to move over.