• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71 mog axled early bronco rock crawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
I built this bronco last year because I wanted to be one of the guys riding all the extreme trails here in Colorado instead of watching. Since then I have gone through trails like Independence, Carnage (BV), Upper Helldorado... The only time I ever pulled out my winch cable was the exit of Upper helldorado (and to help other people). Other then a few dents and scratches that bronco has made those trails seem surprisingly easy. This might seem crazy, but now that I have done all those tough trails I am ready to go back to a milder, more streetable, rig that I can through my kids in and take off. I would be willing to consider reasonable trades especially if you have something like a nice; FJ60 or newer Land cruiser, 404 or 416 Unimog (actually any kind of Unimog), or any other cool motorized 4x4, hot rod, rat rod or water craft. But it has to be really cool, cuz this bronco is really bad ass. Here are some of the specs:
71 early bronco - front is narrowed 13" inches, has some dents, and scratches
Warn 8274 winch (like new)
Mass air Fuel injected injected 351W engine, with Mustang ECM, on board air compressor, Serpentine belt, and Saginaw p/s pump, electric fan, Long tube headers, race mufflers... Engine is very strong, runs very well, and doesn’t burn oil.
C4 auto transmission with low miles since rebuild. Art Car Shifter. Big cooler.
Dana 20 transfer case. with custom twin sticks that work great.
41 inch Mich XL tires on steel Mog wheels including a spare. Lots of tread remaining.
Unimog 404 axle’s front and rear with air actuated cylinders for the lockers
Everything on the mog axles is in good shape other then a few very small seeps. (Mog axles seep)
Rear suspension - 3 link with coils. All the links are made from 2" .25 wall DOM and have huge great quality 1.25" shaft 1" bore heims. Flexes like crazy. I have never maxed it out. I have driven to the top of a ramp forward and backward.
Front suspension - Wishbone link with quarter elliptic springs. I built the suspension this way to be different, and it has worked really well in the extreme technical stuff with big ledges. I would upgrade to coilovers if I was rich, or a high speed driver.
Bronco has full cage that has proven safe, however, I was planning on building a new one, and I will if no one buys it first.
I am sure I am missing tons of stuff. Feel free and ask questions.
Finally -There are little of odds and ends that always need to be done with this type of vehicle. This bronco isn't pretty, or blingy in any way, but it is truly unique and I would take it on any trail with confidence that I would get through. $10,000 OBO
If you click on my user name you can see tons more info and pics. Thanks

Attachments

• 1st pictures 005.jpg
    1st pictures 005.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,651

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Dang Brian, didn't even get to wheel with you much in your rig. Hope everything works out the way you want it to. Good luck!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Killer rig. Wish I was closer or even had the $$. Good Luck selling it. Bump for you.

camomog

Loc.
Reno, Nv.
free bump. Your about a year to late, had a fj80 on volvo portals that I was looking to trade for a Bronco. I have a 66 that I am looking to put mogs under would love to have had yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.