• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

73 SIDE VIEW MIRROR SWAP??

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
Hey-<br>OK OK- silly Q..<br><br>I have the 73 Bronco Explorer..<br><br>& I'm wondering if a LEFT hand side (cable remote controlled) side view mirror can be installed on the RIGHT side of the truck...<br><br>I have a left one ( though it came from the factory without a right side view mirror)<br><br>This is the RANGER package mirror- the one with the DEEP frame around it. It has a large ball joint on the back where it meets the support arm..<br><br>So can't I just FLIP the mirror in the ball socket and plant the sucker on the passenger door?<br><br>Huh?<br><br>:)<br>

OP
OP

73EXP

Loc.
Hey Jeepster :)<br><br>nahh- I don't mean why or why not- I mean WILL IT FIT?<br>I don't have mine right now to see- but I wouldnt think there was any reason it wouldnt fit on the right ( even install the remote cable on right door) <br><br>but I figured since none of em had rh door mirrors- someone somewhere must've tried this and KNOWS of it works-<br>:)

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
What I ment was ,why wont it fit. I dont think there was a distinction between left and right when it comes to the org door mirrors. You, as you mention , should just be able to simply rotate the mirror on the ball joint for that side of the truck.

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
[quote author=Brokenhorse link=board=5;threadid=11369;start=0#83573 date=1037568927]<br>Yes they are not "SIDE SPECIFIC" ::)They are interchangable<br>[/quote]<br><br>yeah i though it be cool to have a matching remote mirror on pass side too but argg dont want to pay over $50 for a used one on ebay :)

OP
OP

73EXP

Loc.
WhooHooooo! :)<br><br>Eh-hem.. (sorry) Got on Ebay for 58 bucks- I tell ya, it's worth it- ever loaded up the back and tried to pull into the right lane- BLIND to what's behind you? TOTALLY worth it! :)<br><br>Thanks for the info~<br><br>;)<br>Ash

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
[quote author=73EXP link=board=5;threadid=11369;start=0#83592 date=1037574528]<br>WhooHooooo! :)<br><br>Eh-hem.. (sorry) Got on Ebay for 58 bucks- I tell ya, it's worth it- ever loaded up the back and tried to pull into the right lane- BLIND to what's behind you? TOTALLY worth it! :)<br><br>Thanks for the info~<br><br>;)<br>Ash<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ahha I think I was battleing you for it. I let you have it I didnt go over 57. And ermm you were snipin it ;)

75Sport

Loc.
Houston
i have a right side view mirror, but its pretty pointless since its so tiny, its like lookin out a porthole. plus somebody always screws it up. just for symmetrical looks i guess.

OP
OP

73EXP

Loc.
Thanks again to all of you- though I DID win* the Ebay cable remote mirror on Sunday night, I received a NICE email from another Va. resident which reads as follows:<br>____________________________________________<br>just thought i'd pass this along. saw your post to classicbroncos about the remote mirrors. if you ever want another one, you can buy new ones from virginia classic mustang - part#ER-495<br><br>http://www.vamustang.com <br><br>kevin in mechanicsville<br>____________________________________________<br><br>Thanks :) Kevin! Now everyone can have one- they're on page 79 of the online catalog...<br>