• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MI 74 Bronco Ranger Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanny-24

Loc.
Woodhaven
I am looking at a 74 Bronco 302 automatic 50,000 miles. It has had all the sheet metal replaced forward of the doors. Still need floor pans, rockers, quarter panels and rear door jams. I was told that Explorer / Ranger is rare. The price is $ 3200. I have been looking at a lot of Broncos and this seems to have potential. Thoughts? Never owned one before, but am looking.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It has had all the sheet metal replaced forward of the doors. Still need floor pans, rockers, quarter panels and rear door jams.

That is a lot of needed/replaced metal. I would check the cowl and frame for major rot. Post pics!

You would need to be able to drive it home @ that price.

I'd pay more for an original Explorer/Ranger, only for the original special paint/stripes on original paint. Your's would be gone after replacing all of the sheet metal.
So I see no extra value in a rusty Explorer/Ranger.

65 mustang

3200. is a good number. Look some more at the threads on here about buying a Bronco, THE WORLDS BEST TRUCK EVER BUILT!!!!! I would say look at in person or find someone close who knows about these trucks. Get an guestiment of your total investment when done. Figure cost of steel hours you really have to work on it. Tools you need to get Welder, lights, fridge ,compressor, grinders, HEATER in the garage (just parked mine Saturday)Stupid winter months, not saying your prospect isnt worth it, Its a long term love... What ever you decide GOOD LUCK and welcome to the madness of Early Broncos.:) Scott

OP
OP
L

lanny-24

Loc.
Woodhaven
Thanks for the replies. I have some of the tools. Fridge, heater, compressor, MIG.

So far, I only managed to weld a patch in my 70 Torino GT fender that warped so bad, I had to replace the fender. The guy selling the Bronco has offered to weld in the pannels for a resonable cost, I think. But it looks to be about $800 in parts. Looks like I need to be looking at the 7k ones.

redpony

Contributor
Stop, Do what I did . Look on Craigs List. First do your area, than fan out to as far as you would want to go. I got mine out of Oregon. Just saying this is a some what good way to find one. Good luck!!! Rust replacment a pain.

DemoDicky74

Loc.
Omaha
Stop, Do what I did . Look on Craigs List. First do your area, than fan out to as far as you would want to go. I got mine out of Oregon. Just saying this is a some what good way to find one. Good luck!!! Rust replacment a pain.

I used this tactic and ended up getting a really good truck for 4K...had to drive 8 hrs one way to get it (Omaha to Denver)...but well worth it in the end.

bu66a

Loc.
Seattle
Not sure if you all know this, but here is a little trick I learned scouring the interwebs for mine. Go to www.craiggers.com instead and just type in Bronco then cars+trucks and leave the location field blank. This will pull up all 'bronco' related on all craigslists. Pretty slick!

Broncoholic1

It has that rare quarter seam fresh air vent option though. I see daylight through that.
Have fun changing those upper quarters. ;)

Only on the drivers side, still needs 1/4's to be a LUBR Good starting point.

It is an Explorer how many are around?

It is orig. Explorer looks like a nice truck only 50,468 miles on it has to be worth something? Hell you all think it is no good. When was the last time you found an Exploere with 50K on it for less than 5K...don't get barn finds for free??? WTH you guy6s thinking; :cool:

I have to sell it to pay for new 1/2 acre parking lot. Or keep it.:p

Broncoholic1

Thanks for the replies. I have some of the tools. Fridge, heater, compressor, MIG.

So far, I only managed to weld a patch in my 70 Torino GT fender that warped so bad, I had to replace the fender. The guy selling the Bronco has offered to weld in the pannels for a resonable cost, I think. But it looks to be about $800 in parts. Looks like I need to be looking at the 7k ones.

I said a grand to do the work, seems like 400 from Jeffs for parts.

I have the 76 Sport for 12K if the wife lets ya pull the trigger;D

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Not sure if you all know this, but here is a little trick I learned scouring the interwebs for mine. Go to www.craiggers.com instead and just type in Bronco then cars+trucks and leave the location field blank. This will pull up all 'bronco' related on all craigslists. Pretty slick!

searchtempest.com is similar. You can put the distance you want to travel in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.