• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75' Bronco Build.

OP
OP
O

orange02ss

I didnt take any pictures but I cut out all the rusted areas which included some of the flanged areas. I made the new flange areas and welded them in. This is the new main floor piece, I went down to my buddies house and borrowed the beader to make it look factory and stiffen it up.

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

Welding in the new pieces.

IMG_0690.JPG

The Bronco Kid

Loc.
Worcester
Nice Work! Just spent a whole weekend doing this myself. I used POR-15 on the undersides of all the panels to make sure they never rot again. The website sells a nice little kit with everything you need and enough to do just about all those pieces you put in on the floor for about $30 shipped.

OP
OP
O

orange02ss

Nice Work! Just spent a whole weekend doing this myself. I used POR-15 on the undersides of all the panels to make sure they never rot again. The website sells a nice little kit with everything you need and enough to do just about all those pieces you put in on the floor for about $30 shipped.

I have used it many times before. I was gonna pick some up when I get back to the states.

OP
OP
O

orange02ss

Well, haven't done much on the bronco lately besides offroading it. I did get some new seats in it and a couple other little things. I also shipped in a set of used fiberglass fenders and a rust free grill I picked up stateside.

I am headed back to the states sometime in the next couple months for work so I decided to bring the bronco with me. A couple of long time friends have a shop out here and I decided to get some stuff finished up before it heads back as they are excellent at tube work. I have so many other projects to finish up when I get back including a uncut 68'.

So far a new front winch bumper and rear tire carrier/bumper is finished. Still have to build rock sliders and attach the cage to the frame. The lower quarters were pretty rusty so they were cut off and new quarters with metal flares are being built. We are not going to weld them on, instead we are going to use dzus fasteners to secure them so they are removable.

Once the fab work is done the truck is getting painted white, hides the trail scars good!

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0041.JPG

OP
OP
O

orange02ss

Rear bumper getting fabbed up. The bottom corners were cut for more clearance.

IMG_0057.JPG

Quarter panel and rockers getting cut off. Rusty panels will be cut out and replaced, then ill POR15 it.

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

New quarter panel that was fabbed up, you can see the outer lip of the flare that still needs to be welded on. When done the flare will match the front flare.

IMG_0056.jpg

OP
OP
O

orange02ss

I brought out some used fiberglass fenders to replace the rusted out ones. The flares were not big enough for the 35's so the fender was cut and sectioned and the flare was extended. About 6" was added to the opening.

You can see in this pic the fender cut and braced before it was reglassed.
IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.JPG