• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Auto column / C4 tranny issues

dgold_881

Contributor
Ok to make a long story short I took my EB to get tinted and after getting it back my steering column is all screwed up. Park is beyond the "PARK" indicator on the column and it won't click into the positions on the indicator.
My first question is how tight should the nut be that holds the lever onto the neutral safety switch * pictured* ? Also what can I do to fix the positioning of where the needle is in the indicator? The Co#K Suckers at the tint shop deny screwing it up and I have the stampeded in 4 days. I've ordered some new parts from Tom's hoping they will be here in time for me to drive to the stampede. EIther way I'm going just might have to Jerry Rig the column ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4424.jpg
    IMG_4424.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4425.jpg
    IMG_4425.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Both the manual lever nut and the kickdown nut should be tight, maybe 20 ft-lbs. If the manual adjustment is slightly off it will affect the needle position. Loosen the nut so the lever can move freely, put the trans and column shifter in neutral, then tighten the nut. You may have to adjust the NSS after the shifter adjustment.

OP
OP
dgold_881

dgold_881

Contributor
Ok I will try that. Thanks for help

Both the manual lever nut and the kickdown nut should be tight, maybe 20 ft-lbs. If the manual adjustment is slightly off it will affect the needle position. Loosen the nut so the lever can move freely, put the trans and column shifter in neutral, then tighten the nut. You may have to adjust the NSS after the shifter adjustment.