• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ 77 Ford F-150, 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
1977 Ford F-150 4x4 Regular Cab, Short Bed. 460 cubic inch Ford, C6 Automatic, NP205, high pinion Dana 44 front, Ford 9" rear. Rust free. Lots of upgraded parts. Fun 4x4 vehicle. I have too many vehicles and too little time.

Late 1977 truck (same drive train as 78 and 79 Trucks and Bronco), originally had 351M.

-About a 4" lift.
-Aluminum wheels, 35 X 12.50 X 15 Goodyear MTRs
-Autofab 460 conversion motor mounts. Full steel mounts with contained poly bushing.
-Vintage Air - Air conditioner and heater
-460 Ford Engine. Big block. Edelbrock intake, Comp Cams - X4262H
-L&L headers and 460 conversion accessory brackets.
-Holley 770 Truck Avenger Carburetor
-C6 Transmission with lower 1st and 2nd gear (E40D transmission gears), rebuilt about 3 years ago with new clutches and heavy duty parts
-Autofab C6 transmission mount
-Dual Flowmaster exhaust
-Nodular Iron 3rd member rear end. Dayton Pinion support. Stock 31 spline axles.
-Detroit Locker in Ford 9" rear end. 4.11 gears
-Dana 44 high pinion front axle. This axle differs from the 78-79 trucks and Broncos. It has full axle tube to axle inner C. 78-79 had a cast portion near the end. Open front differential. Warn hubs. 4.09 gears
-1350 series "one-ton" rear driveshaft. Newer, High Angle Driveline brand driveshaft, not original.
-Mastercraft suspension seats
-GM center console / seat - storage below seat and in console (not shown in pictures)
-Deaver front coils. 4" lift. I had plans to get the Deaver rear spings but never did. The front end sits slightly higher than the rear. I have the original front lift springs that would level the truck. Or you can purchase the rear Deaver leaf springs from Bronco Graveyard and have it riding very nice.
-Looks like a rear add-a-leaf. Front sits a little higher than rear.
-Dynamat in the Interior.
-Newer interior carpet.
-Alpine CD/Stereo. 6.5" front speakers.
-40 gallon aftermarket gas tank. Heavy duty.

Some other things you should know.
-Body and paint are so-so. This was my desert 4x4 rig. No mud. There's dings on the truck.
-Leaks some oil. Rear main oil leak. Nothing terrible but it will mark a driveway.
-Title shows truck as a 1974. I don't believe this to be true - I believe a previous owner did this.
-Lap belts. Shoulder belts were removed for 6x9 speakers by previous owner.
-I currently have it registered out of Maricopa county for this year. I have passed emission testing in the past - I can verify this though a state website showing past emission results.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• wheelin7.jpg
    wheelin7.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 0802081342a.jpg
    0802081342a.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 0802081342c.jpg
    0802081342c.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC06829.jpg
    DSC06829.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC06830.jpg
    DSC06830.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC06832.jpg
    DSC06832.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC07039.jpg
    DSC07039.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
OP
OP
reynard101

reynard101

Bronco Guru
I've always liked that truck, hate to see you sell it.

I really like what you've done with the Whale. I have one tons sitting on the side of my house that's make me thing about a 2nd build on the truck. I should get out with the AZ Bronco guys on a run with this truck.

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
5500 is a steal for that. i paid 3500 for a 73 high boy without any of the bells and whistles. Ok, maybe I overpaid a bit but the seller was a poor college student and I had to repay some kindnesses done for me in college.

I'm curious - I have a 30 gal tank sitting in garage to install: how did you handle the filler neck?

OP
OP
reynard101

reynard101

Bronco Guru
I think it's a fair price for the truck with all the extras that I've added to it over the years. It's no show car winner, it's for wheeling. And like any older vehicle is has it's share of little issues, little leaks here and there, wiring could use some freshening up (I didn't do it). And there's little things I would do if I kept it, like rear Deaver springs. I keep thinking I'll rob from this one to put parts on the Bronco, but in the end it's more time and work that it's worth.

Filler neck is stock. With rubber flex line, from filler to tank. I think I have a step in the filler with multiple pieces of the really thick rubber flex hose. I think BC Broncos sells an step adapter for the Bronco that would work on the truck gas tank. The flex hose feels and looks like large hydraulic line hose.

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Ah ya, I have no filler neck at all. Tank is currently a non-stock 8 gal side tank.

Been trying to find an old one but no luck so far. Have been thinking about just bending some pipe or just hose but I haven't figured out what I could fit into the rear side fuel door cutout.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Your 77 looks a heckuva lot better than the one I'm trying to sell! Hope the sale goes through!

Status
Not open for further replies.