• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Front Suspension Parts ID

Jimboss77

Contributor
Loc.
Greenville
I need help finding a diagram with part descriptors of 77 front suspension. What is the arm called that connects from driver side frame rail to the passenger side of axle housing? Also I’d like to know what the purpose is for the unused bracket on the front axle housing. Would this be for a sway bar to connect or is the arm I’m trying to identify the sway bar? I need to replace some bushings but would like to know the correct name of the components.

It’s been a while since I posted and I don’t see prompt to post pictures. Do I need to my account with another payment or am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Trac bar? Sway bar mounts? You need to be a contributor to post....you can email them to me if you want
Taskerbroncoguy at Yahoo dot com

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Sounds like you're referring to the sway bar mounts. Your contributor status expired so you can't post pictures. You need to re-up your $12 per year subscription.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Tasker is correct on what you're trying to describe. The first piece you're describing is called the trac bar in Ford-speak. And the brackets on the axle are for the front sway bar.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Jimboss77

Jimboss77

Contributor
Loc.
Greenville
Thanks for the information guys. I’ll re-up my subscription later so I can load pics of mine and support the site. I always get great info from the group. Sent pics to tasker in the meantime.

Forgot where I saw comparison pics once that lead me to believe I had Dana 44 instead of Dana 30. Good to know.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
HERE ya go Jim...

Attachments

• JIM1.jpg
    JIM1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 23
  • JIM2.jpg
    JIM2.jpg