• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Rear Driveshaft question

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Ok I feel a little stupid on this one. I retired my 77 about 7 years ago when I bought a Bronco buggy to wheel. My 77 had an Atlas II in it that I swapped into my buggy and it's D20. 7 years forward I now have a new driveshaft to replace the shorter driveshaft that the Atlas required. I have located my two clips for the u-joint but I can't remember what went on the CV end and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. My 16 year old son has dove off into getting it back road worthy.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I just re installed mine bout hour ago CV end uses 4 bolts fine thread 5/16" i think

pull one off the front and get 4 more like it

OP
OP
JRS77

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Got the bolts and bolted everything up. Got it out on the road and the gas tank broke. You got to love a 77 plastic tank. Now on to another project or two or three.....

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Hey thats better than someone else we know that leaves her tank in the road!