• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 replacement coil springs?

rolltider

Front of truck sits lower than rear.No lift. I replaced my c bushings and the trac bar mount has cut the side of my c bushing I think my springs are tired. I have talked to several vendors and they only offer variable rate springs is this what i want or do i need to find constant rate? The meas. from top of axle tube to frame is 6in. and from what I've read this is correct. Also does ride height in the specs. mean this is the spring height under normal load (parked) my springs measure about 10 1/2 inches from top mount to cup right now.

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
On a '70, I know the front measurement should be 7", while the rear should be 6". There are arguments for and against variable rate coils. JBG sells a linear rate coil, if that's what you want. You also could go to Napa and ask for a coil spring. They probably will have to order it.