• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 vs Chevy 6.5 turbo deisel

JFV1134

Loc.
Billings, MT
This is a race, not off road, but we lined up, I was totally expecting to get spanked, so I wasn't expecting to win. When we started, I jumped ahead two are lengths and then held until we got to about thirty, then I increased to three and then four. He then stopped and turned off. The Best kill in my EB!!!

Case

the 6.5 chevy turbo diesel has one of the lowest rated HP, torque, and milege of any of the diesels offered by the big three. sorry to burst your bubble. bet you pissed the guy off by pulling away. :):)

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
I co-own a 98 with my father. The 6.5 is basically a turd... we almost stole this one and thats the only reason we have it. Stock ratings are 190hp and 385tq. Depending on the rig, he probably out-weighed you by 2000lbs. or more. Nice kill, but its no Clatterstroke, Dmax, and it dang sure aint a Cummins. :p

As for the mileage comment, it actually does well. Its a pretty efficient oil burner, ours gets around 17-18 around town with 4:10's and a 5spd.

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
If it was a duramax, it would have been a great kill. I have a 01 GMC with the duramax and it will flat out fly. To bad the injectors went out and filled my crank case with Diesel. It has been in the shop for a week and will be there a few more. After that its getting traded in on a F250. Be nice this was my first GMC and my last. Im heading back to Ford.

Mike

U

Unregistered

thats great you beat a heavy ass truck with 3500 RPM limit WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!