• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'78 / '79 bronco

bigbarf48

Loc.
Stone Mountain, GA
I know this is an EB forum, but you guy can probably help anyways.
Im looking to buy a bronco, and im leaning towards '78/'79.
What are your opinions on them?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
One of the last good 4x4's like any old vehicle just fiond one in as good of shape as possible.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I ain't never messed with one but I like the looks of em...look good with a lift and some boggers:cool:

That they do :) This is my Dad's truck before he rolled it :-[

400M with a Race C6 - Cage Arms, Progressive 6.5" Cage coils. D60 5.38's with Detroit, chromo's and full hydro - locked 10.25 with a shackle drop. 39.5 Boggers on Allied Rockathons.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You should get 1 of each.. 78 or 79 AND an EB as well! ;)

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
My first bronco was a 79, owned it from 85 through 92. I sold it to build my 74, the first time. The 79 is one of those wish I never sold vehicles, loved that truck. Try to find a 78 if you can no smog pump and cats, 79 was the first smog equip was required.
Jim

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> speaking of.... have y'all seen that crazy '79(well body atleast) on youtube... the owners name is Pat Phinney & believe it has a 460 bored/stroked to 500 & something CI's........[youtube]gWc926TUCoc[/youtube][youtube]a1hAR0npyYs[/youtube][youtube]0lt__NHbqkQ[/youtube]
bronco-wheelie.jpg