• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

79 Bronco tilt column, auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Have a 79 bronco tilt auto steering wheel.
In good condition. Will get pics ASAP.
Price is + shipping

Attachments

• SSPX0184.jpg
    SSPX0184.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 143
  • SSPX0185.jpg
    SSPX0185.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 112
  • SSPX0186.jpg
    SSPX0186.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Nice! You might try selling it on ebay. I've seen them reach $200 plus shipping.
C-

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I just bought the same thing on ebay for $164 plus shipping. I thought that was a good deal, I wish I had seen this one first!
D

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
It's an easy conversion. I think I saw a tech write up from Tod Z in Arizona. I'll try to find the link and post it here.
C-

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I did it on my other column before I decided to convert to manual and wanted a column shift :mad:

It's not that hard, you have to take your time with the grinder and then JB weld a few spots, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand etc. It takes a carefull eye to get a couple grooves right so that the column fits back together right and looks factory.
Dennis

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Ford truck manual tilt columns are plentiful and relatively cheap.
Auto columns are not.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Ford truck manual tilt columns are plentiful and relatively cheap.
Auto columns are not.

Really? Its exactly the opposite here in Colorado, and in fact it seems like manual columns go for 2x that of auto columns on ebay?

Did you mean that the other way around?
Dennis

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I agree the 79 and older auto tilt truck columns are every where and the manual ones are very rare. I myself have never found a manual tilt column for a 79 and older truck.

Now 80 and up columns are a different story.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Really? Its exactly the opposite here in Colorado, and in fact it seems like manual columns go for 2x that of auto columns on ebay?

Did you mean that the other way around?
Dennis

When I was looking for the late 70's truck auto column for my Bronco this past spring, all I was finding were manual columns at the two local yards.

OX1's column is a good price. I would buy it if I had the spare money right now. I recommend anyone thinking of buying OX's column with manual OR automatic to buy it! I cannot believe it's still not sold. If it's still for sale by the end of September, I will buy it (if he'll sell it to me). :)

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
When I was looking for the late 70's truck auto column for my Bronco this past spring, all I was finding were manual columns at the two local yards.

OX1's column is a good price. I would buy it if I had the spare money right now. I recommend anyone thinking of buying OX's column with manual OR automatic to buy it! I cannot believe it's still not sold. If it's still for sale by the end of September, I will buy it (if he'll sell it to me). :)

The key word here is TILT column. A non tilt ccolumn is another animal.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
OP
OP
O

OX1

Bronco Guru

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Yep, there are people who remove the auto tilt guts and "convert" them to look just like manual tilt columns. I've got one I just took apart last weekend and will post photos when it's done. Can't take the credit for this idea, another Bronco person from Classicbroncos turned me on to this idea.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.