• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

79 Bronco tilt install into a 74. Need after market steering wheel who has them?

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I need an aftermarket steering wheel for my 79 Bronco tilt column that is going on the 74. I like the JBG Bronco wheels is there an adapter to make it work, doesn't show anything for the 78-79's. Also I would love one of those newer style steering quick releases, that will work on this too. Any help is appreciated...Mo in Clovis

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
It should use the same adapter as your 74 as long as its has dual horn circut- check the grant site- I got a nice billet wheel from them

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Ive had great susccess with my NRG quick release hubs. The hub will have a standard hole pattern for the wheel you just have to adapt it to the steering shaft hub.

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Eh? Hozer take off eh!

Hozer have you use the QR on a a Ford vehicle? I see these on the ricemobiles and Tuners but not so much on older US products. I am looking at this: A SHORT QUICK RELEASE 1.5"THIN STEERING WHEEL HUB ADAPTER
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320825209465&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Then a 6 hole steering wheel and a 79 bronco adapter probably from Grant like you described. What do you think? The 74 adapter has a very small hub lower circumference as the stock 74 column has a smaller lower cup than the 79 tilt column......Mo

OP
OP
mofoco1

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
FB Grant wheel and QR

FB do you have a 79 Bronco or a column off one? If so would you post a pic to see what it looks likes. Did you have to adjust the length of the column to compensate for the adapter and the QR?...Mo

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
FB do you have a 79 Bronco or a column off one? If so would you post a pic to see what it looks likes. Did you have to adjust the length of the column to compensate for the adapter and the QR?...Mo

I have a 78/79 tilt column that came out of an F150. I cut the auto hardware off and finished it as a standard column. I have had this column for years as I was planning on putting it on my F150 about 10 years ago, though that truck has long been down the road. So I have been sitting on it. I will be using it in my 67 build but to date I am still in the tear down phase. I bought the wheel and disconnect from my Father In Law when he sold his 79.