• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

79driver's Build Thread UPDATED 6/5/09 Finally Painted!

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Great job I love to see old broncos that look hopeless get resurrected! you really are doing an awesome job

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

Thanks for the compliments so far guys! Its nice to have people see it for what it will be instead of "look at that piece of crap, why are you trying to fix that?" Of course that just makes me want to get it done that much more.
anyway here are a few pics of the drivetrain that i didnt post and also the fuel tank. It is the BC Bronco's 23 gallon tank and the skid plate.

Attachments

• bronco6 014.jpg
    bronco6 014.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 175
  • bronco6 016.jpg
    bronco6 016.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 162
  • bronco6 017.jpg
    bronco6 017.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 166
  • bronco6 015.jpg
    bronco6 015.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 191

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love it!

:eek: Wow! Very nice job. I hope that I can do half as good when I get mine started. My garage isn't that big, and my neighbors already roll their eyes when they see my Broncos lined up in the yard. I figure thy're just jealous!;D Haha! Keep posting those pics. VERY impressive!:cool:

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

I got my engine back from the machine shop yesterday. It's a 351 Windsor bored .030 over with flat top pistons and an RV cam. I also had a little bit of head work done. Now that i have it back i have to get all the accessory parts and do the final assembly.

Attachments

• bronco6 025.jpg
    bronco6 025.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 118
  • bronco6 029.jpg
    bronco6 029.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 98

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Sweet! That must be pretty exciting. I am taking my block, crank, and rods down to the machine shop this weekend. I am stoked!!

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Whats wrong with this scenario? Kade is home working on his Bronco and everyone else in Stephenville is out chasing UFO's...must be something stronger than pot in that town.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
holy kow!! thats looking great! I wish I one of those trannys...might make it easier to drive mine daily again. Keep it up,Chuck

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

Whats wrong with this scenario? Kade is home working on his Bronco and everyone else in Stephenville is out chasing UFO's...must be something stronger than pot in that town.

I came out one day and the aliens were trying to steal my bronco. I was going to shoot at them but i didnt want to start an inter-stellar war. lol I ended up beating them senseless and stealing their space ship. Of course i kept the good parts to go on the bronco. lol

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
If you catch 4 of them space ships you can hamer down the edges and make MOON HUB CAPS out of um like we did back in the 60's.........
Keep up the good work kid............

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

Well ive about got my engine ready to go in...i am waiting on my pressure plate and clutch but fedex says they should be here tommorow. If that happens i hope to have it in by the weekend. I ended up getting a wieand intake, crane roller rockers, and an MSD distributor. I also have an old MSD 6AL ignition box off of another truck to go on it. Heres a few pics i managed to take off the engine and also my doors that i picked up this weekend.

Attachments

• bronco6 032.jpg
    bronco6 032.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 108
  • bronco6 031.jpg
    bronco6 031.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 160
  • bronco6 030.jpg
    bronco6 030.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 165

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Take that fram filter off.... Kade ....Get an AUTOLITE .....or motorcraft.....
Or those my doors or did you buy those from Midlothin ......Rest sure looks good ...........
..........Did you go to that fire Sunday....How close to your house was it .......

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

These are the doors from midlothian, imk going to use the doors i got from you as summer doors, no glass or door frames and i'll weld up the window track.

That fire was right behind my house. It didnt burn my land but got the neighbors land and back fence and it burned almost to club lake. I saw the smoke from my house before the neighbor did and called dispatch, then i went and got the neighbor on his bulldozer and then i met the first truck at the gate and got on it. We stayed until about 7 or so.

How come you recommend Motorcaft filters, are they alot better? The only reason i got from is cause i can remember the number. PH8A

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

Well i got the engine in today. It went pretty smooth except for it wanted to sit in the frame sideways ( the transmission mount was off to one side and it made the engine want to sit all diagonally in the frame.) I had to bring out the astro-power and push it where it needed to be and re-bolt it down. I also put BC's headers on it, they fit really nice. I was gonna do the exhaust with the body off the frame but I'm worried about how close the pipe will be to the floor on the passenger side. I may have to do a test fit with the body to see how close it will be.

Attachments

• bronco6 034.jpg
    bronco6 034.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 120
  • bronco6 035.jpg
    bronco6 035.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 120
  • bronco6 036.jpg
    bronco6 036.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 155
OP
OP
79driver

79driver

I decided to put the body on yesterday. It is sitting on hockey pucks because my body bushings arent here yet. When they get here it will have a 1 inch body lift. Now i have alot of things put put back on and alot of body work to do. At least it does look like a bronco now. Sometime this week I;m gonna get to the junkyard and try to find some pulleys and brackets for the engine.
On a side note i have found out that my dog likes the bronco...lol

Attachments

• bronco 091.jpg
    bronco 091.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 163
  • bronco 092.jpg
    bronco 092.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 132
  • bronco 093.jpg
    bronco 093.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 167
  • bronco 094.jpg
    bronco 094.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 176
  • bronco 095.jpg
    bronco 095.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 128

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Looking good Kade ......I've got a 351 down on Bronco row in that brown tr go get the pullys off it .....Don't ask just go get them if you can use them ....I need a picture taken of a bulkhead a member wants ...
Your Bronco sure is looking good ......

OP
OP
79driver

79driver

Cool...I'll give you a call tommorow or something and figure out when i can come by. thanks