• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

80s and early 90s Bloomsburg Jamboree photos

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Thought I would post some photos I just scanned from the first few Peterson's 4WOR Bloomsburg PA Jamborees. Anyone know of these trucks or their owners? Ahh, gone are the days of neon shock boots, bug shields, tailgate nets and dual wiper blades ;D .

Enjoy!

Attachments

• img534.jpg
    img534.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 130
  • img527.jpg
    img527.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 75
  • img555.jpg
    img555.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 75
  • img531.jpg
    img531.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 63
  • img525.jpg
    img525.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 53
  • img524.jpg
    img524.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 75
  • img536.jpg
    img536.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 90
  • img526.jpg
    img526.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 78
  • img529.jpg
    img529.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 72
  • img528.jpg
    img528.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 75
  • img516.jpg
    img516.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 87
  • img532.jpg
    img532.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 62

ncsubronc

Ahh, gone are the days of neon shock boots, bug shields, tailgate nets and dual wiper blades ;D .

thank goodness also gone are the days of dudes w/ mullets in cutoff shorty jeans shorts, reebok hightops and Magnum PI mustaches!

cool pics Mac!:cool:

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Hey, I thought I looked good in that first photo! ;D Just kidding, I wish I still had abs like that though!

thank goodness also gone are the days of dudes w/ mullets in cutoff shorty jeans shorts, reebok hightops and Magnum PI mustaches!

cool pics Mac!:cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You are having way TOO much fun w/that scanner, LOL.. Keep em coming.. ;)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I often wonder what happens to all those "show trucks" after the trends that they were built for fade away. For exaple what happened to all the 5 shocks per wheel dayglow painted trucks from the late 80s and 90s? I bet in 15 years I will be wondering what happened to all the full size diesel trucks with 20" bling rims with 12" of lift, and every part chromed. Thats why I always have built my trucks mildly and dont go off the deep end with current trends because 10 years down the road you will look back and ask "what the hell was I thinking?"

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
those are giving me some cool ideas, can't wait to bring neon green back into the mainstream.

justinoshea

Contributor
Loc.
Gilbert, AZ
I bet in 15 years I will be wondering what happened to all the full size diesel trucks with 20" bling rims with 12" of lift, and every part chromed.

they will be driven by the guy with the mullet & mustache blasting some Bon Jovi

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thought I would post some photos I just scanned from the first few Peterson's 4WOR Bloomsburg PA Jamborees. Anyone know of these trucks or their owners? Ahh, gone are the days of neon shock boots, bug shields, tailgate nets and dual wiper blades ;D .

Enjoy!

I remember seeing a feature on that black/yellow one in Petersen's sometime in the '80s/early '90s.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Don,

You caught me! Yeah, that was my yellow '76 back in the day (sold it in 2002when we bought our first house here in Atlanta. It is now owned by midlife76bronco). I miss that truck! :cry:

That photo of mine with the bright orange EB was really a special one for me. The guy who owned the orange Bronco worked at Jeff's Bronco Graveyard and told me that he modeled his build after my Bronco when he saw it in Four Wheeler (see below). He had added the same amount of lift, pushbar with grill guard, etc. It was a real thrill to hear how he looked at my truck and wanted one just like it.

Attachments

• FWmag shoot 98.jpg
    FWmag shoot 98.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 43

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mac - I went to the jamboree for 19 straight years, last year was the first I missed since 1988. I remember a couple of these. Do you remember a nice blue bronco, had lots of chrome and the glovebox door was signed by Ted Nugent? The owner's name was Todd, a young guy with red hair. He lived in PA, around York, I believe. He was there for several years in a row then disappeared, and I've never seen the bronco since then. That was pre-1996 when I was a spectator instead of a participant. Anybody know of him or the EB? I have pics, I'll try to dig them out and scan them.

tripleb

Loc.
york,pa
i knew that guy with the blue bronco, used to go to the gym with him.he worked at the harley plant and chromed everything he could on the underside of the truck.he ended up selling the truck and moving out west.a while later i seen the truck for sale in the auto locator for 10 grand.unfortunatly i heard he was killed .damn nice guy.

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha
I was at Bloomsburg in, I believe, '92. There was a picture of me standing next to the Ford display in Petersons 4Wheel and Offroad magazine. Mullet, cut off shorts and all;D Do they still do the cruise through town? I heard they stopped doing it, was out of control fun, good times. I talked to a couple guys who owned those Broncos in the pictures.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Pearlcoat,

Oh yeah, I remember Todd's bronco. I actually have a photo or two of it that I will dig out and post.

I went to Bloomsburg from 1989 to 2000 and drove my EBs from the Shennandoah Valley every year. In 1997 I took a job in Lewisburg PA at Bucknell University. Lewisburg was only 15 miles or so from Bloomsburg. I thought I had made the best move of my life being that close to such a fun event.

Yeah, we use to cruise all night during the Jambos there. One night my best friend Lanny and I were parked watching the cruise and one guy was sitting up in the bed of this guy's truck in an aluminum lawn chair. The truck had 12+ inches of lift and 44" tires. The driver was showing off and goosed it and the passanger flew backward out of the truck over the tailgate and landed head-first on the pavement. Blood was everywhere! :p

The next year they had tighter restrictions on cruising and by the time I stopped going (2000), they had almosted ended it completely.

I met alot of good friends there over the years..... good times.

Mac - I went to the jamboree for 19 straight years, last year was the first I missed since 1988. I remember a couple of these. Do you remember a nice blue bronco, had lots of chrome and the glovebox door was signed by Ted Nugent? The owner's name was Todd, a young guy with red hair. He lived in PA, around York, I believe. He was there for several years in a row then disappeared, and I've never seen the bronco since then. That was pre-1996 when I was a spectator instead of a participant. Anybody know of him or the EB? I have pics, I'll try to dig them out and scan them.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Mark at JBG used to own that orange/black one. He rolled it end over end at the dunes 1 week after a magazine photoshoot (I think it was Petersen's Off-road) He had it back in top shape in a matter of weeks (tore the front axle off the truck and crushed the front clip in the roll)

Sold it awhile back to a guy that trashed it. It was for sale here in Michigan last year (or maybe the previous.) It was sad to see how far gone the truck had become. It was beautiful when Mark owned it

Here's a pic of it at the Dream Cruise a few years back. You can see the hack job that was done to the cage to make it a "family" style.

Attachments

• Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 26

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pearlcoat,

Oh yeah, I remember Todd's bronco. I actually have a photo or two of it that I will dig out and post.

I went to Bloomsburg from 1989 to 2000 and drove my EBs from the Shennandoah Valley every year. In 1997 I took a job in Lewisburg PA at Bucknell University. Lewisburg was only 15 miles or so from Bloomsburg. I thought I had made the best move of my life being that close to such a fun event.

Yeah, we use to cruise all night during the Jambos there. One night my best friend Lanny and I were parked watching the cruise and one guy was sitting up in the bed of this guy's truck in an aluminum lawn chair. The truck had 12+ inches of lift and 44" tires. The driver was showing off and goosed it and the passanger flew backward out of the truck over the tailgate and landed head-first on the pavement. Blood was everywhere! :p

The next year they had tighter restrictions on cruising and by the time I stopped going (2000), they had almosted ended it completely.

I met alot of good friends there over the years..... good times.

One year during the cruise a girl went backwards out of a pickup when the driver punched the throttle and we heard the next day she was killed, that was the last year it was held. One year we got in the cruise, unintentionally, and because it moves so slow the bronco overheated before we could get off on a side street. We made sure not to be "in line" again when leaving the fairgrounds.

Where did you live in the Valley? My husband is from Harrisonburg, still has family there. In fact we are going there tomorrow.

The Jamoboree is a great show and we'll probably go back next year. With all the MEB activities I'm involved in we decided to pass it up for a couple years, plus we were seeing much of the same stuff every year.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Pearlcoat,

I grew up in Waynesboro and lived there until 1991 when I moved away for graduate school (Georgia Southern University). My mom and sister still live in Grottoes (just 15 miles south of Harrisionburg).

Here are some more photos from later shows (except for Todd's EB which I took a shot of in 1989) There were quite a few nice EBs back in those days who attended the Summer Jambo. One of my EB buddies back then from Lewisburg, PA was Steve Engel who built that great orange '77 EB with the tilt front end. I have not talked to Steve in over 8 years since moving back to GA, but I hear he is still out there wheeling in that beautiful '77. Another one of the photos below shows Mark ? who was quite active with MEB in his Stroppe Baja (painted green) when he and Drew P. rigged up an oil drum and trialer ramps to show Mark's articulation. This was back before ramps were popular and hardly anyone had flex like that in a truck. Man they drew a crowd that day!

I also included a scan of the award I got in 1998 at the 10th annual Jambo for Photographer's Choice top class winner. I was so pumped that year.

The next year though I was even more syched when the Jambo shirts featured my EB on them (1999)! I unfortunately don't have one anymore as it got tossed out by accident. If you or anyone still has the 1999 Bloomsburg Jambo shirt with my EB on it, I would love a photo of it for my collection.

Mac

Attachments

• img624.jpg
    img624.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 11
  • img629.jpg
    img629.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
  • img630.jpg
    img630.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
  • img631.jpg
    img631.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 10
  • img628.jpg
    img628.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 12
  • img627.jpg
    img627.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 14
  • img625.jpg
    img625.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 10
  • img626.jpg
    img626.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 18
  • img638.jpg
    img638.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 10
  • img633.jpg
    img633.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 11
  • img643.jpg
    img643.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 16
  • img632.jpg
    img632.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mac - I know Steve Engle well, he's active in MEB. He and his wife are real nice people. Steve still wheels that nice 77. I rode with him one year at Paragon when ours had problems and it was a blast.

In the last pics you posted the nice green with diamond plate doors belonged to a guy from Frederick MD named Bill Windsor. He was active for awhile then seemed to go away. We lost touch with him a few years ago.

Mine was in most of the group pics, and in the one under the fairground archway it might be the white one on the right. I can't tell for sure. It was white, unpainted gelcoat (fiberglass) until 2006. I'm sure I have pics of yours in my Jambo pics, I took pics of all the broncos, and there weren't too many. Its funny we never met.

I've met Mark Shainman too, he was a very big part of getting the organized wheeling together on the east coast when MEB was started. Drew keeps in touch with Mark, and he has come to the roundup a couple times. He lives in CA now.

To win an award at the Jambo you had one nice ride because there was alot of competition there. I'll check my husband's t-shirts for the one you're looking for, he just might have it.

If you're ever back up this way look us up. Can't believe we didn't meet up in TN last week. DOH!