• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9" posi unit question

gledhillt

Hi, another question. Does anyone know anything about TORQUE-LOK? Are they any good? I have come across a 3rd member with one of these units, and I need to know if they are worth having or to just forget about it.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Never heard of it personnally it might be possible that someone doesnt quite know what they have. Might just be a standard trac lok. Either way its probably a clutch type unit which is fine for light duty stuff.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never heard of it either. I've blown up a Trac-Loc with 35's and mild wheeling, so I'm not a fan. The top of the carrier case where the ring gear bolts up is a known weak spot, and while you can build them to be quite reliable, there are better options available IMHO.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
There is such a thing callerd an eqau-loc and it is almost impossible to get parts for and I am not sure if any one even makes replacement clutches for them. Plus the desigh sucks for reliable service. The trac loc is better and there are two versions of it, a 2 pinion and a 4 pinion design. of course the 4 is better. As mentioned the side cover is known to split but this is from extreme abuse and large tires will crack one in a minute if the tires get traction. They do make a Nodular side cover to prevent this breakage but it will run you about $100 tp $140 so by the time you rebuild the trac loc and add this cover to it you may as well invest in something a little better.

OP
OP
G

gledhillt

Thanks Guys, I Let It Pass. I Will Hold Out For Something That Has Been Heard Of.