• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

95 Cobra Engine

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
There is a salvage yard about 40 miles from me that specializes in Fox body mustangs. They have a 95 Cobra complete engine for a price I can work with. Is this 5.0 swap different that a regular 5.0? Can I use all the standard EFI swap parts from the various EB vendors?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It should work just fine. Not sure if there were any special parts used on the '95 like the '93 was known for. If it is a Mustang speciality yard they should know. I would get the complete engine, harness, ECM and MAF. The whole package. The intake is a little differentbut should still be the good flowing staggered port design. EGR is probably external (not that familer with the '95 Cobra to garantee that) which could cause some issues.

What mustang conversion parts are you wondering about? I bet the BC throttle bracket is going to be different due to the intake change for those 2 years.

OP
OP
daveweil1

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
It should work just fine. Not sure if there were any special parts used on the '95 like the '93 was known for. If it is a Mustang speciality yard they should know. I would get the complete engine, harness, ECM and MAF. The whole package. The intake is a little differentbut should still be the good flowing staggered port design. EGR is probably external (not that familer with the '95 Cobra to garantee that) which could cause some issues.

What mustang conversion parts are you wondering about? I bet the BC throttle bracket is going to be different due to the intake change for those 2 years.

The radiator, clutch equalizer bracket..will the fuel tank with built in pump still flow enough fuel to compensate for the increased horsepower?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Radiator, yes
Clutch equalizer, yes
Most of those fuel pumps can handle a strong running 351. The Cobra engine will be no problem.

The A/C compressor will need to come off. Interference with the frame rail. Forgot about the accessory drive of the '95 being different then the pre'93

OP
OP
daveweil1

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
Radiator, yes
Clutch equalizer, yes
Most of those fuel pumps can handle a strong running 351. The Cobra engine will be no problem.

The A/C compressor will need to come off. Interference with the frame rail. Forgot about the accessory drive of the '95 being different then the pre'93

Sht. The A/C was one thing I was looking forward to.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have heard (but never confirmed) that a drivers side Explorer accessory drive (with power steering pump and A/C compressor) will work on the mustang/T-bird short accessory drive if you make about a ¾" shim to push it forward and line up the belts.