• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

95 f250 donor rig for my 72 Bronco ;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
What 5 speed comes in the 95 F250 4x4? Will the front be a D50TTB? if so, I can use the hubs to convert my D60 from DRW to SRW. But, I'm mostly concerned with the 5 speed in it.

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
if you can get the vin i can tell for sure. My guess is ZF with the heavier front end

Muddn7

Loc.
alamogordo, nm
ZF's are tried and true.... Not big on their low gear, but look at the company of people reading this post! An absolutly great rig from the factory! I had a ZF behind a 460, and it dominates the v-10 lineup I have encountered. My trail towing rig went from a 95 zf 460, to a v-10 (for 3 months), then I traded to a 2008 5.4 supercrew f-150! I love my f-150, way more than the v-10, but pulling, that zf was a Monster! I want a ZF 5.4 with the A-arm handleing like my supercrew! Motorswap? I doubt it, but good buy to you just the same!

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Grunt1058,you are correct on the front axle being the D50TTB,unless a PO swapped it out.

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
ZF's are tried and true.... Not big on their low gear

This truck is a donor truck for my 72 Bronco. Pulling the 5.8L V8 and ZF tranny as the power train. I already have a HP D60 and Sterling 10.25 rear. Next will be to find a t-case I can use. We'll see what direction I end up going in the long run. Most likely an Atlas 4 speed. But, the ZF was the coveted tranny for my 72 build because of the 1st gear and OD. ;)

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Next question... Can I use the power brakes from the F250 for my Bronco? How about the tilt column? Will the Borg Warner T-Case fit even if I'm using it temporarily?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Tcase wont fit. Might just want to find a 205 there usually easy to find and cheap. There are a lot of things you can adapt but sometimes you have to really consider if the effort is worth it. Power brakes probably not. Not 100% sure but I dont think much of the D50 stuff transfers to a D60 I believe the D50 is more closely related to the D44 as far as parts swapping goes. If I remember correctly a lot of guys used to swap D44 TTB and D50 TTB stuff directly ie third members and axles shafts.

OP
OP
Grunt1058

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Tcase wont fit. Might just want to find a 205 there usually easy to find and cheap. There are a lot of things you can adapt but sometimes you have to really consider if the effort is worth it. Power brakes probably not. Not 100% sure but I dont think much of the D50 stuff transfers to a D60 I believe the D50 is more closely related to the D44 as far as parts swapping goes. If I remember correctly a lot of guys used to swap D44 TTB and D50 TTB stuff directly ie third members and axles shafts.

I know where I can get a 205 for cheap, read "FREE". We'll see. If the power brakes don't fit.. No huge loss. The only thing I want off the D50 is the SRW hubs. They do fit the D60.