• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH A chevy motor??? Why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
kinda like transplanting a pigs heart into a human..........

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
It takes a little more intelligence to build a Ford vs. Chevy engine....... In light of the 383, while a good choice, not suited for my tastes in a Bronco. Still a clean build however.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I could never understand why people do that? The small block ford is perfect for the bronco no need to swap. It would be different if it was a Scout or a Jeep they didn't have the best motor options and chevy motors are cheap and easy to build. Nice looking truck just has the wrong motor!

dbarnes142

Loc.
Tulsa
i am partial to FORD, but dollar for dollar...Chevy better option for HP and torque. But I agree, why would you deface a Bronco like that?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like the way the term "restored" gets thrown around!

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Chevy motor kinda de-values the whole package IMO & I don't like the rims at all, do they spin when it stops?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
It's a cheap way to go with a Chevy tranny like the 700R4, instead of adapting the engine to the trans and then the trans to the D20 you just swap the whole thing in, get a transfer case with the right drop that bolts to the 700 and get new drive shafts. It makes for a simpler tranny swap and motor upgrade.

I agree though I don't like other brand motors in vehicles. I don't even like 350's in Jeeps, there are plenty of good Mopar candidates to put in Mopar vehicles, it just cost a little more money. But I think it's worth the price, to keep the engine in the same brand. I think it caught on and was accepted in jeep's because they have changed hands and did not have v8's until a certain point in time. But now with the new Hemi's, I see no reason to put a Chevy motor is a Jeep.

Kbpony

Kinda looks like a shifter for a BW T-18 or NP 435 and a T-shift behind it. Not really into that look.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It takes a little more intelligence to build a Ford vs. Chevy engine....... In light of the 383, while a good choice, not suited for my tastes in a Bronco. Still a clean build however.

yes sir, you have a great point

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
No disrespect if this yours, it's just a pride thing... Very nice looking rig for sure but not something you see very often.
Not mine. I wish mine looked half that good

I don't understand using a Chevy engine in a vehicle If another engine bolts right up

If youre gonna have to weld In new motor mounts. New crossmember etc
Might was well use a Chevy

I know they use Chevy engines in a lot of old ford hot rods because it fits right in and to use a ford engine required lots of welding and crossmember mods Weird but true

I used to have a 90 dodge 4wd. And liked it. Nothing wrong with it that a Chevy engine wouldn't cure

The TBI 318 might have made half the power of the TBI 350 in my dads 90 K5 blazer

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I know they use Chevy engines in a lot of old ford hot rods because it fits right in and to use a ford engine required lots of welding and crossmember mods Weird but true

?? Built Ford Tough With Chevy Stuff??

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Beautiful rig,wrong motor tho,needs to be converted back to ford,just my 02.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.