• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A few pointers and opinions needed.

Nathan43

Loc.
Provencal, Louisiana
The bronco is mostly torn down now. I'll be fixing the sheet metal over the holidays and trying to get it painted around march. That will depend on funds mind you. Just trying to plan most of it out, and at least 75% of parts are bought. Just have a few questions to get her planned out. Shes a 74 if it helps anywhere.

I'm just going to look over,paint, and reseal the engine for right now. It ran pretty good before the teardown, and believe it was rebuilt by one of the previous owners. Should I do or have anything done to it?

What about the C4? The only problem I have with it is the orings leaking at the neutral saftey switch.

What was the dash and center of grill usually painted? White or body color? I was leaning towards going with white on both but not sure. It's going back to the factory Ginger and Wimbledon White as far as everywhere else. I have hardly no original paint for except under the firewall to match.

Where were the factory locations for the voltage regulator and ignition module on a 74?

Any recommendations on a good headliner.

Last.(Pics below) I've been trying to find a bug shield/guard. A straight one if they are made(like the yellow eb below). The only ones I've found are the ones for a 73-79 truck that had a bow in the middle, Will they fit?

Also looking for the chrome rain shields that go above the door windows. Can't find a pic right now.

Thanks

Attachments

• 77front.jpg
    77front.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 537795_336043296454289_100001458658411_973059_402423172_n.jpg
    537795_336043296454289_100001458658411_973059_402423172_n.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Blue Bronco.jpg
    Blue Bronco.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 47

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Nathan:

I remember back in the 70's, my dad made a bug shield for his Ford pickup out of plexiglass (I think it was clear) and angled aluminum. Drilled and bolted the aluminum to the bottom of the plexiglass (after both were cut to length and the corners of the 'glass were rounded off). Next he drilled through the other part of the aluminum and lower lip of the hood and bolted them together. That was it..... a flat bug deflector. A real simple, inexpensive deal. The aluminum was probably 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" and the plexiglass was probably 6" high. Both could be changed to meet your desires.

I had a similar one that was orange on an '84 Bronco II.

Pops

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Sounds like it is a ranger? If so, the grill is supposed to be argent(silver/gray).
The dash would be body color.
If not a ranger, the dash is parchment(dull finish off white) and the grill would be Wimbledon white.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Get a Marti Report if you're wanting to take it back to original, it will tell you what you're wanting to know as far as color and whether it's a Ranger, and then go from there. Or is there still a door sticker or VIN badge with a Ranger interior code.

OP
OP
Nathan43

Nathan43

Loc.
Provencal, Louisiana
That is an excellent idea pops, thanks. A Marti report is now ordered okie.

I don't believe it was a ranger. But I don't know the codes.

Attachments

• DSCF1193.jpg
    DSCF1193.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Pic of vent shade

CAM00451.jpg
[/url]
screengrab[/IMG]

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The vent shades have been out of production for years and nearly impossible to find used.

There is still a manufacturer of the stainless steel vent shades but only for big trucks.

Maybe if there was enough interest they would make a production run for Broncos?

Either a group buy or a vendor request?