• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A Good Dose of Bronco to Cure Cabin Fever

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
My mom just had hip replacement surgery, so I have been spending a few days with her and my dad to help her move around, eat, shower, etc. This has required me to stay close by for several days now and cabin fever has taken over real bad, so when she fell asleep this morning, I decided I needed to get out and get some fresh fall air.

Fortunately, my parents live in a quiet area of the North Georgia mountains down a series of dirt roads. The leaves have mostly fallen, so I decided to head out for a ride, enjoy the cool air, peace and quiet and snap some photos.

- F

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Bronc_31.jpg
    Bronc_31.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 181
OP
OP
Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
a few more...

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 93

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great pics, really good looking Bronco. I agree, a ride in the Bronco always calms the nerves and will relax you. What lake is that, I would like to take my canoe over there and do some fishing.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like this
attachment_2.jpg
[/url]
20mb image hosting[/IMG]

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Fall mystery rides!

Great son, great shots. This is what life is about.:cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great pics for sure. A well deserved break. Thanks for sharing

67RT

Bronco Guru
What a great looking truck! Bummed that I live in a concrete jungle. My truck deserves to roam like yours!

OP
OP
Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Great pics, really good looking Bronco. I agree, a ride in the Bronco always calms the nerves and will relax you. What lake is that, I would like to take my canoe over there and do some fishing.

Come on down. It is a private 40 acre lake that does not allow any gas powered motors on it. It is filled with lots of very big and smart bass. I have pulled a couple 6 pounders out of it in my 43 years and have physically seen 12 pounders caught and released because the guy that caught them already has a 14 pounder on his wall that came out of the lake. It is also filled with a lot of brim for the kids and we stock it once a year with trout.

I even have a john boat and a trolling motor we can wear out.

- F

OP
OP
Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Thanks for sharing those pix and for being a top shelf son!!

Thanks. I feel bad for my mom. She is in her 70s and has had a rough few years. About7 years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a mastectomy and was put on medication for 5 years that made every joint in her body ache. Just as she was getting near the end of that mess, her hip started giving her problems. She put up with that for a couple of years until last week when she had the surgery. I (and I am sure she) is ready to get life back to some sort of normal. My dad has been tirelessly supportive during the whole time as well. One hell of a guy.

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Yes it does! Looks like you headed up towards the Rome or Cedartown area. Miss that place in the fall!!!

Great looking rig and scenery.

WASP1971

Loc.
Mary Esther, Florida
Your Bronco is awesome. Love the stance. I normally don't care for soft tops but on your rig it looks great. Sorry about your mom. My dad just had his hip replaced also. Unfortunately if genetics play a role I'll be in the same boat in about 30 years. Great pix too!

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Hey Ferrell, Beautiful shots of your Bronco! The last pic in the last post is calendar worthy!

I hope your Mom gets along better; the trials of seniors can be a challenge; They live in a beautiful place though!

BTW....that soft top looks great!