• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A very nice Christmas

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
So I'm new here and thought I'd give a little introduction. My names Sam and growin up my dad drove a bronco which I loved. In September this year I turned 16 so the months leading up I started to decide on a car to get. At first I thought of corvairs but decided against that. And then remembered my dads beloved bronco. So my mom started looking and sure enough she found a 74 for 3600. It was light blue and I loved it. But it didn't run to well so we sold it. Now. Yesterday I was opening presents and after my family was all done i was throwing the boxes and wrapping paper away. Just then my mom gave me a little golden box and when I opened it I saw a ford key. My jaw dropped and we all ran outside in our pajamas and ran to the garage. When the door opened. What I saw made my drop. It was a 76 painted in red with a White top. It's all original except for the radio but I'm a music kid so I needed a good radio. I drove it and holy Jesus I'm in love with my bronco! A 76 ranger with a factory roll cage and double gas tank and dual chrome exhaust. Its my dream car! I'll try to get pictures for you all but I'm typing this from my phone. And since im still new to broncs any advice to me is welcome!

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
Great present! When your about to give your parents some grief remember the bronco and hug them instead!

Congrats it looks awesome!

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Sweetness!! Nothing like getting a Christmas present you were not expecting but wanted ;D Your mom is awesome!! Dont you ever forget that :eek:

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Read this!!!!!!! If you cut that one up I will drive up there and kick your ace. Beautiful ride. Congrats and your Mom rocks.
Next

lola

Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I can assure you that he won't cut it or do anything but baby it or I'll drive it myself. I've got my eye on a $200 lumina that he gets if he does anything wrong to this bronco.

shamu

Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I can assure you that he won't cut it or do anything but baby it or I'll drive it myself. I've got my eye on a $200 lumina that he gets if he does anything wrong to this bronco.

are you mom?

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Very nice! Take extra good care of that one. I know from experience that 16 year olds don't always take care of cars that Mom and Dad buy for them. Be the exception not the rule, especially with a great truck like that.

Good luck. Enjoy!

shamu

Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Lola you rock. And I know every member on this site wish is that you were their mom. But it is not about that, it is about the young ones loving our old steel. Thanks from me and the others out there on keeping the bronco world.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
To anyone thinking I won't baby this thing. They are wrong I refuse to let anything happen to this on. My mom told me about a guy who wanted to come see it about a part on it and I freaked out about that thinking the part would be sold. This will be a VERY well taken care of car. And this is the car (not this exact one) that I will pass down

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Way to go Lola! Looks like you found a very nice truck for your son! Congratulations and hopefully many years of memories. ;D

You definitely are a COOL Mom! Most parents would never buy their kids a 34 year old first car! :eek: Take good care of it because they aren't easy to find in that condition anymore. ;D

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
I'll take the best care I can. And the condition will only get better. In 2 ways. On I'll always keep it waxed and shiny and get it detailed and cleaned very well. This will happen periodically such as Every few months. And with every year thT passes. There are broncos rusting away declining in numbers so this on will be getting better and better