• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A0D with Art Carr Shifter Help

tomanna

I am installing an A0D in my brothers bronce - I made a new cable bracket holdler to avoid the driveshaft so I have now issues there. My current issue is all the gears line up well expect park. Running from R to 1 on the gate shifter they line up great, but park is a much shorter distance than the shifter has.

Has anyone had this issue? I guess I could just modify the gates on the shifter for a shorter P to R distance, but I wanted to double check to see if this is a common problem, or of I have another issue.

Thanks

Tom

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Put the trans in park and the shifter in park, then adjust the linkage that way. It should work that way. You did put the art car shift arm in the trans right? It won't work with the stock shift arm...

OP
OP
T

tomanna

Yes the new shifter arm was installed - will double check that there is nothing wrong with that.

If I line up the shifter and transmission in park everything else does not line up. If I put the shifter in any other gear and line up the shifter then 1-2-3-N-R all line up, it's just park that is odd.

Transmission is freshly rebuilt from Hughes and we have not run it yet.

Any other ideas?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
In park there is a little play in park and still on the park pawl. I suppose your shifter might not have the correct gate's in it. My trans is also a Hughes and mine bolted right up with very little adjustment. Post a picture of your shift cable mount, maybe the alignment is the problem?

Dude seriously

Loc.
Everett
I am going from a lousy memory here (you have been warned) but I think the factory AOD shift pattern is P-R-N-D-3-1. D being the overdrive setting. I would try setting the linkage from the N or D position and see if it clicks up to park properly from there.