• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AC Eliminator Pulley

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I installed one of these from Summit a while back on my 5.0... it squeaks like a pig when I first start it up but goes away after a little while... Annoying...

Anyone have a better solution that doesn't squeal?

Greg

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Which 5.0 accessory drive do you have?
Most of the time you can simply re-route a shorter belt instead. Sometimes it helps to re-route the wraps between the waterpump and the crank pulley. You can do PS-waterpump-crank or PS-crank-waterpump. Sometimes one way will work better than the other, or some ways just won't clear.

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I have a 93 Mustang 5.0 engine and accessories... It had the AC pump on it for years and gave no problem but a while back I decided to "make it better" installed the pulley from summit and now have squeaks...

Any diagrams on rerouting? I thought I looked into that and could find a solution but I might have missed something.

Greg