• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AC evaporator vents routing. Need Pics.

techlaf

Contributor
I'm looking for any pics of how you routed the defrost and AC ducts on the BC Broncos/Vintage Air evaporator. There are 5 ports and all the ductwork has to mount the ports vertically and then make a 90 turn immediately and run to their respective AC/Defrost registers. That doesn't leave much room with a glovebox.

Does anyone have a pic of how they routed it all? Without the dash in the way would be great, but even a shot from underneath the dash would help.

OP
OP
techlaf

techlaf

Contributor
Here's a pic. It seems like I can route all three front AC vents and one back defrost or the two left AC vents, two rear defrost, but not the furthest right AC vent.

The rear of the glovebox comes just about to the strap so I can't route hoses to the cab or to the passenger fender and of course you can't route down. Not a lot of options with the space.

Attachments

• Evaporator.jpg
    Evaporator.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 68

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I had a lot of problems routing mine also, it's really tight behind there. I don't think I have any pictures but I'll check and let you know.

OP
OP
techlaf

techlaf

Contributor
Were you able to get all 5 ports connected and routed?

mattt

Bronco Guru
I have the front right-most port already with a hose on it. I re-read the instructions and it mentions something about installing that hose before mounting the evap box up to the firewall. It is very tight right there....so much so that I wonder if it will restrict flow out of that vent.