• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ACT Sensor drill and tap size

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I will need to drill and tap the boss on my GT-40 lower for the ACT sensor. Does anyone know off hand what the drill and tap size is? NPT, looks like 18 thread pitch, and maybe 5/8. Appears the same as the water temperature gauge sensor.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
hey how's it going....,,,,don't want to hijack the thread ,but just curious about how the GT40 lower is fitting with the "X" heads compared to the performer-289,,,,are you still going to use the M-9439-A50 intake gasket ford recommends or something else ,,,,,

OP
OP
MarsChariot

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
hey how's it going....,,,,don't want to hijack the thread ,but just curious about how the GT40 lower is fitting with the "X" heads compared to the performer-289,,,,are you still going to use the M-9439-A50 intake gasket ford recommends or something else ,,,,,

Yep, the GT40 fits like a glove and the M-9439-A50 intake gasket seems to fit perfectly. It is a tad wider, so it covers the intake openings on the GT40 heads much better. But I got a GT40 lower without the ACT drilled and tapped on the number 5 intake runner, so I need to do that before I get serious about bolting it down.