• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Addicted

Pony2

Loc.
Lenoir City Tn.
Helo my name is Pony2 and i am addicted to Early Broncos....i have never used a computer so much as to just visit this sight. the members here are helpfull in most cases opinionated,funny,and all out GREAT! That is why i am addicted to this forum and early Broncos. I realize there is no cure, i only wish to continue enjoying my Bronco and this sight some day get my rig to what i want it to be and enjoy it as much as i enjoy life. please let me know im not alone post youre addiction here,admitance is the first step to recovery but not a cure.;D;D;)

66halfdone

Loc.
St Louis
Maybe at some point and time, someone will create a 12 step program for this problem. Until that time we will all just suffer on.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Maybe at some point and time, someone will create a 12 step program for this problem. Until that time we will all just suffer on.

Steps:
1- Gather all your pennies together

2- Spend every spare minute on Craigslist looking for Broncos.

3- Go look at every Bronco possible, hoping beyond hope that it is 1: actually as perfect and rust free as described, and 2:That the owner will somehow be desperate enough to sell that he will drop the price $5000 because you obviously love the Bronco enough to give it a good home.

4- Fall in love with the only Bronco in your price range. A not so rust free 66 that ran when parked 15 years ago by the owners son when he A: went to college, or B: never returned from a sailing trip around the world.

5- Convince your wife/ significant other that A: It is an investment, after all it is a 66 with the coveted eyebrow grill. Support your argument by showing her every $30k plus Bronco on Ebay And B: It should only take a couple of months to restore it to it's former glory

6- Borrow an additional $500 from friends and family for transportation costs because even though you obviously love the Bronco and are going to give it a good home, the owner will not lower the price one dime less than you have saved up.

7- Triumphantly display your prize in the driveway for all your neighbors to see. This is where it will remain for the next 3 to 6 months, waiting for you to repay the loan to family and friends and scrounge enough additional money to buy a battery, points, plugs, wires, filters, antifreeze, and a carb rebuild kit.

8- Turn Bronco around in driveway, and/ or cover with tarp so the damn city/ H.O.A. Nazis will stop harassing you.

9- Rebuild the carb, perform tuneup, install new battery, pour fresh fuel in tank, hotwire igniton (owner couldn't find key), jump bad starter solenoid (original reason it was parked 15 years ago).
Bask in the glory as your treasure roars to life in a cloud of blue smoke rolling out of the unmuffled headers. Slam hood, jump into drivers seat, roll out into street, rev motor and slowly release clutch. Grin ear to ear as the Beast moves under her own power. Gather speed, semi-square tires hopping wildly jerking the steering wheel back and forth in the dreaded death wobble. Slam on the brakes only to find that the right front is the only one that works. Feel heart stop beating and time stand still as you careen toward your neighbor's new Mercedes. Say silent prayer of thanks as you stop short of total disaster. Shift back into first and meekly crawl back to your driveway.

10- Proceed to spend the next 4 to 7 years and every available dime, replacing almost every part of your Bronco to make it roadworthy and presentable.

11- Sell beloved Bronco due to divorce, illness, loss of job, putting children thru college, buying new house.

12- Repeat steps 1 thru 12

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Pony I'd say your in trouble... But we need pictures of your favorite rear AXLE .. and pictures of her heart pump.. and what makes her chassis move . & pic's of the legs she stands on ..Maybe a picture of the eye lids and bangs.. Open both doors and give us a shot staight thru her Blonde Brain..Ear too Ear!!
...Then take her out in the country an lift one leg and give us a shot from under neath ..
.....That should be enough to have you trying to protect your sweet little Bronco Honey!!.
......I've been here almost every night for 7 years or so .. I love this place and friend I've never met. But I'VE had some great offers.. Damn I wish I was younger..
......Welcome Home Son.....

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
The word "addicted" makes it sound like a bad thing, something you should seek professional help for.

I don't have a problem with it and I don't need help.

Does that mean I'm in denial?

Louie

Bronco Guru
Like I said last week in another thread....

Early Broncos are like the Hotel California :cool:

You can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave :eek:

OP
OP
P

Pony2

Loc.
Lenoir City Tn.
love the denial comment ;D didnt want to sound bad just having a great time here and love the comments and info !;D

jpopsbronco

Loc.
Irvine, CA
Addicted? *twitch* I'm not addicted...

...hmm maybe i should check craigslist again.. or or wildhorses! or bcbroncos oror *twitch*twitch* tomsbroncoparts *ceisure*

66halfdone

Loc.
St Louis
I think I hear the sound track from Clint Eastwood's classic "The Good, the bad and the ugly" ever so faintly in the distant.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Addicted??? Five Broncos in 14 months, read thousands of craigslists ads and virtually everything on the site. Who me addicted, don't know what you are talking about......