• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjust ride height before brake/fuel lines?

bleepjay

Contributor
Current setup -> PO had installed to what seems to be a 5.5" suspension lift, no body lift

Desired Setup -> 1" body lift + 2.5" or 3.5" suspension lift

I just installed a new gas tank, and need to run new fuel lines. I also want to upgrade to power disc on all 4 wheels sometime soon. I think I also want to update/upgrade the break lines at this time also.

If I am going to change my suspension eventually from a 5.5" suspension to a 1" body + 2.5-3.5" suspension, should I do that first? Basically, should I get my ride height to the correct height before doing all these lines? I'm guessing the fuel lines shouldn't be an issue, but will it be an issue with the brake lines if I change the ride height?

Hope this makes sense.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Provided the PO added longer brake hoses at the time of the 5.5 lift you will be fine dropping down. You are only talking about 1 front hose and 1 rear hose. I would not worry about it. Also most aftermarket hoses like WH for example simply ass enough hose to cover any suspension lift 1-6" using the same hose.

On the body lift side of things the concern is just master cylinder to frame. This will just depend on what you are running now. Usually there will be more than enough hose or line to take up the 1" body lift extra height.

Jim

OP
OP
B

bleepjay

Contributor
Right now there’s no e-brake cables so I’ll be installing them too

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Buy the extended ones for whatever size lift you go with. Otherwise your rear brakes lock up at full droop.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
If your going to do a body lift i'd do that first then you can tuck up the fuel tank to take advantage the extra space equals more ground clearance...more room to work when running your hard lines maybe change routing as you see fit.....then you may have to deal with shifter/shift linkage clutch linkage? ,,steering shaft depending on your set up,,fan shroud/radiator adjustments... then do brakes and drop down hoses .suspension maybe at same time ..then you can decide if you want to run stock shock mount or change mounts and take advantage of the body lift...depends on what your goal/purpose is for your Bronco..THings seem to snow ball good luck

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
EPD72 is right... take advantage of the body lift for shocks, gas tank, heat shields, etc...

Bronco projects "snowball"...heck, more like "Polar Vortex"!! lol

Good luck on your project!