• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Advice: no inner fender apron or front wheel tubs

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
So the new-to-me body didn't come with inner fender aprons or front wheel tubs... I have some, but am thinking of trying to run without them.

So, looking for any advice (pics would be super helpful) on how you all have managed to run without inner fender apron or withot front wheel tubs.

I'm exactly at the point where I need to decide if I am going to be buying them and painting/installing them - or going forward with the build without them.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Uh, don't those things hold the front end on?
Most that I have seen with out any inner fenders have a tube frame of some kind to support the grill, radiator and fenders.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
aprons yes wheel buckets no, you can run without them but I would brace it.

I run with the buckets i but I am about to remove a lot of them its fine just make sure you stay outa the mud I run without the inner fender portion of the bucket to help cool.

Last edited:

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
on my glass tub (steel front) the biggest rattles are the wheel tubs-grrr - wouldn't miss that. I'd still want a little water/mud protection under there - maybe a plastic liner or something. Inner fenders take up a lot of space under the hood. The aprons give some upper rigidity for the core support (and something to bolt fenders to). If you go without the aprons, you'd wanna tube the front for some structure.