• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

After market bronco door mirrors

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My aftermarket door mirrors won’t stay put you don’t even have to slam the doors and they move. About 60 mph and they move also. Anyone have good luck from a bronco vender that you can recommend for them. Second item I have bought from this bronco vender that’s bad quality. I have bought other parts that are great from them.

Ranger354

Loc.
Greeneville, TN
This is going to sound strange but...i had a set that would not stay set. I got to looking at then and there was a screw in the bottom of the mirror case that you could adjust to tighten the friction setting. Might be worth a look. Hope this helps!!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
a drop of super glue on the ball will help stiffen it up as well...

Mikesimp70

Mine used to move all the time. Sprayed some carb cleaner in the joint then pivoted mirror up down and side to side. One more quick spray, Set it where I wanted it and waited 15-20 mins. They havent moved since.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I like the ones KbarS used to sell when they were still around. Grote still sells them under mini truck mirror. They just sell black ones now but I have found the stainless models on Ebay

Nothing Special

I've never had good luck with aftermarket mirrors so I bought Ford mirror heads for a '90s F-series truck. They are stinking expensive (like $100 - $200 each), but they work.