• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aftermarket front seats with rear seat access?

sticknstring

I'm trying to plan the interior of my restomod 1968 and I really like the design of the front seats in Tom's Deluxe interior kit, but as I researched the other options it occurs to me that I may be giving up rear seat access. Are there any options other than the original buckets that slide far enough forward or tilt like the passenger bucket does? I'm very hesitant to give up all access to the rear.

Last edited:

KeithKinPhx

Rear seat access with high back bucket seats and a center console will always be "challenging". Hard top with bulkhead is by far the worst. Best left to small children. Topless is easiest.

You may want to specify your set up. I'm hardtop and console with bulkhead.......

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Bronco II passenger seat has an easy access long travel slider. If you think of the slider as separate from the seat that can open up a lot more options.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I went through this and have the same TBP seats. I have doors on, family cage and bikini top.

It really depends on how much you will actually use the rear seats vs how much you think you will use them. In my case it's about never.

Without the center console, it's not a bad climb back to rear seats for the 'average' person. I also have the center console. It fits well between the front seats and I didn't attach it to the floor in case I needed to remove it.

Finally, even with factory seats and a little lift, there's nothing dignified about getting in and out of the rear seat!

OP
OP
S

sticknstring

Thanks for the reply Keith, you're right, not enough info. I have a Tom's family cage and plan on a soft top of some variety, but usually just a bikini top. I'm wondering if my only answer is the original seats. I really wanted modern high back seats with some adjustments.

OP
OP
S

sticknstring

So are you saying that you only use the bronco II seat track with The TBP seats and that allows them to move farther forward?

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
They're not really that hard to get into.

Attachments

• tight fit.jpg
    tight fit.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 44

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I've never owned the TBP seats, but I did own an '87 Bronco II. The passenger seat was on a double extension slider. The sliders bolted to the seats. Might be worth a visit to a local yard and check out assorted seat sliders. Really check any 2-door that has a back seat. They typically have a slider to them. Find a slider you like, adapt it between the seat and the floor.

Nothing Special

....Without the center console, it's not a bad climb back to rear seats for the 'average' person....

That's my solution too. My high-backed buckets are fixed (driver's side slides for adjustment, but not for rear seat access), and I do not have a console. My kids have never had trouble getting in the back seat, although when the top is off they usually choose to climb over the family cage. Even my wife and I (in our mid-50s) don't have any trouble getting in the back. I wouldn't want my mid-80s parents trying it, but they can't really get in the front seat that easily anyway.

I will say that it's important to warn people about the main hoop of the roll bar. Most people hit their head on it pretty well when climbing back.

sk1nw4lk3r

I have 2014 Mustang seats on Corbeau brackets. Slides forward and back, and Mustang seats are meant to fold forward for access to the rears.

2Mhpm49.jpg

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Ya you need to find seats from a car that has a pathetic back seat. I bought 2005 Mustang seats and they slide almost a foot and tilt forward. Plenty of room to slide into the back

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I looked at the full size Bronco passenger seat bracket a while back as well. I gave up on it as soon as I mounted my seats to my cage. To me it looks like you could modify one of those to fit your needs as well.
Good luck with your project!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, if they want a ride in a Bronco, make them EARN it. Climb in through the tailgate.