• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Air Cleaner - Hi Temp Paint?

ltcbutch

Loc.
Selma, AL
Need to sand and paint and old stock air cleaner. Does it require high temp paint since it is under hood?

Thanks.

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I'm willing to bet it does but I'm not really that sure... just be careful if you do end up painting it. I don't think carbs were meant to be painted because of all the intricate working parts and small passageways. PAint could very easily clog or disrupt the linkage involved.

barronj

Bronco Guru
I think I used a regular satin black on mine. I bought an aftermarket air cleaner, it was chrome, so I scuffed it & shot it- it's held up just fine.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
My carb doesn't get that hot, not nearly as hot as the block or intake. I would say it probably doesn't need high temp paint, but I might use it just to be safe. Just prep the air cleaner really well when you do it.