• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Allen Jacksons Bronco?

msweb

Bronco Guru
The lyrics in question:

Just like when Gretchen Wilson sings that "I know all the words to Tanya Tucker's songs"; she doesn't -- They're lyrics to a freakin' song. Get over it! Besides, he probably does have a Jeep parked next to his Bronco, next to his Mercury, next to his Ford Truck, next to his helicopter, next to his Limo...

I'm grown up now three daughters of my own
I let them drive my old Jeep across the pasture at our home
Maybe one day they'll reach back in their file
And pull out the old memory
And think of me and smile and say

It was just an old worn out Jeep
Rusty old floorboard, hot on my feet
A young girl two hands on the wheel
I can't replace the way it made me feel
And he'd say, "turn it left and steer it right,
Straighten up girl, now you're doing just fine"
Just a little valley by the river where we'd ride
But I was high on a mountain
When daddy let me drive

And before you ask, Gretchen Wilson is a female country singer - "Redneck Woman" and "Here for the party"

Attachments

• alajackson.jpg
    alajackson.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
  • gretchenwilson.jpg
    gretchenwilson.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
just an old worn out jeep,
rusty old floorboard, hot on my feet.

notice everything rhymes. it's kinda hard to rhyme something with bronco. he's good friends with tom from tom's bronco parts, so he does know the difference. besides, i doubt there's a lick of rust anywhere on his broncos. he's got the money!

msweb

Bronco Guru
After ridin' in daddy's Bronco
He cooked us a chicken in the Ronco
Burned it so bad it tasted like bondo...

Nope - just doesn't have the same ring to it. ;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
see, nice try...

i personally like alan jackson's music. he's one of few that still write country like country. not country rock.

msweb

Bronco Guru
I also like his musicbut he's stayed in Margaritaville to long. He needs to come back to TN and turn in his flip flops for a pair of boots.

BigO

If I had a nickel every time somebody looked at my Bronco and said "Cool Jeep!", I wouldn't have to work. And then after I explain that it is a Classic Bronco, made by Ford between 1966-77, most people still reply "Wow, I did not realize Ford made Jeeps".:mad: AJ probably figured it would be alot easier just to call it a Jeep in his video, than to deal with thousands of emails from idiot fans asking "why did you call that Jeep in your video a Bronco?"

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
I agree that Alan just calls it a jeep cuz it rhymes and its easier to understand I suppose for the average non bronco loving person.
Oh and I did read in a petersons magazine at one time that Ford was actually the first one to make the "jeep" when the army made the call for one, I love to tell my jeep budies that one!
Oh and Alan rules! I have seen him in concert like 5 times, his songs are timeless, and the fact that someone famous goes wheeling in an EB is just the icing on the cake!

msweb

Bronco Guru
An actor that works for NAPA. I think he's cool because he does his own stunts in their commercials! ;D