• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aluminum Dana 20 Transfer Case Cover

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to take a second to let y'all know about a new product for those of you with Dana 20s. WH’s new Aluminum Dana 20 transfer case cover does more than just look good. It's precision milled from ½” thick 6061-T651 aluminum. The new plate adds rigidity to the Dana 20 case to help control distortion in the case under high torque loads, like when your right foot is planted to the floor opening up your fire breathing 408! And did we mention how good they look? You can check it out here: http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/42.asp#D20_cover

Attachments

• 8570-a_300.jpg
    8570-a_300.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 178
  • 8570_300.jpg
    8570_300.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 338

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
This is the biggest piece of worthless bling I've ever seen. What the point? What is the improvement? I just don't understand products like this. It just so rice......:eek: I think WH could improve this product if they removed thier logo and replaced it with a "Type R" logo. Or maybe a "type 20". Oh , cheese and bling there is no end. %) :-*

Last edited:

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
My guess would be that it would help cool the fluid and add rigidity to the case.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
This is the biggest piece of worthless bling I've ever seen. What the point? What is the improvement? I just don't understand products like this. It just so rice......:eek: I think WH could improve this product if they removed thier logo and replaced it with a "Type R" logo. Or maybe a "type 20". Oh , cheese and bling there is no end. %) :-*

I have been running a homemade one for years.
After you have seenen a few Dana 20's rip in half, you can see why adding a guridle to it helps.
The stock cover is not even 1/8.
I'd buy WH's if I did not already have one.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've been a member here a long time and read forums daily. I have never heard of dana 20 breaking apart. I'm calling bullshit on that. As far as cooling. These things are tough as nails and at least 30 years old. If heat were a serious issue dana 20's couldn't be had for a measley 100 bucks. They would have burned up long ago. This is just a attempt to part you from your hard earned money with a shiny do-dad that took nearly no R and D to develop.

It's pure bling through and through.

I got into EB's because I of thier obvious attributes and the fact they weren't completely commercialized. To me, this piece of crap is akin to the stainless add on you can get for a jeep or a ricer. It's just silly.

Btw, when it get banged on rocks what's to keep it from getting shattered? Would a steel cover be better cause you could possibly straighten it out to get home rather than having a 90 dollar aluminum jigsaw puzzle?

Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Nice picture in this thread:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75953&highlight=dana+transfer+case+break*

Besides, who cares if somebody wants some bling? It isn't my bag, but some people like it. Why not try and sell it if you can?

Well, you found one that had a broken case. I think they overall thread you posted proved my point. It would seem that WH want's us to think that dana 20's have big problem with rigidity just like duff's want's us to think that if you don't have double shocks you'll roll. I'm just pointing out the implied mistruth that's all. I hate to see someone buy into it hook line and sinker. I believe some already have.

BTw, I could care less if someone has bling. It's thier decision of how to spend thier money. Actually I'm bored and this is helping me waste my day away. I really don't care all that much if someone buys a pretty but worthless part..

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Since I am doing a complete nut and bolt, frame off, NV3550 Conversion to make the early Bronco drivable on the street I kind of like the aluminum girdle. The NV3550 and adapters are all aluminum, so the girdle would kind of tie things together. I do think that is would be kind of silly on a hunting buggy or a completly stock rig, but on a restomod it would be just fine. That is just my $.02.

Chris B.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Since I am doing a complete nut and bolt, frame off, NV3550 Conversion to make the early Bronco drivable on the street I kind of like the aluminum girdle. The NV3550 and adapters are all aluminum, so the girdle would kind of tie things together. I do think that is would be kind of silly on a hunting buggy or a completly stock rig, but on a restomod it would be just fine. That is just my $.02.

Chris B.

I agree. One more post for me!!!

kntr

Bronco Guru
We've broken a few dana 20 cases on our tuff truck. We use to break or crack one just about every year for about 3-4 years until we found out the front driveline was 1" too long.

Worthless bling hu? Why did you paint your bronco and not just use spray cans? Why did you put nice wheels on it, rather than steel white spoke wheels? I could go on an on. Some people like bling. It looks like you do too. :) Your bronco says bling and there is nothing wrong with that. I love bling.;D Ive got one bronco full of bling and one with NO bling.

SACHEM's before
7402bronco_pics_010.jpg

No bling here hu?
SACHEM's after
7402trucks_002.jpg

Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Well, you found one that had a broken case. I think they overall thread you posted proved my point. It would seem that WH want's us to think that dana 20's have big problem with rigidity just like duff's want's us to think that if you don't have double shocks you'll roll. I'm just pointing out the implied mistruth that's all. I hate to see someone buy into it hook line and sinker. I believe some already have.

Where in the WH ad does it imply that Dana 20 cases have a problem with rigidity? All they claim is that their cover ADDS rigidity - which it does.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
My truck doesn't have bling. It has stock ranger chrome. Bling in my opinion is excessive shiny worthless crap. I would never put bling under the truck for the roadkill to see. That's a waste.

We are having 2 different discussion here. I could care less if one has bling or whatever. What I didn't like was the implied mistruth that I've alread spoken of. BTw, breaking dnan 20's in a tuff truck is not a real world scenario. If you hadn't broken one by doing that you'd have to be a pitiful driver.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Where in the WH ad does it imply that Dana 20 cases have a problem with rigidity? All they claim is that their cover ADDS rigidity - which it does.

Are you JBeyer? look what they posted. That's how I read it.I'm not going to buy one but you can I don't care.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I've been a member here a long time and read forums daily. I have never heard of dana 20 breaking apart. I'm calling bullshit on that. ?

So you are calling me a liar?
and hell someone linked a pic to a broken one in this thread, its its still "bullshit" as you put it.
In my race jeep, it ran a bronco 20, I personally cracked 2 right down the middle.
Not everything in the EB world happend on CB.com. I am sure their are many many many things that have never been talked about here.
Put your money where mouth lays I will go into the attic and pull out the pics.
Edit - never mind, I have nothing to prove to you, and don't need to be drug into your games.

If you don't like a product, or don't feel the need for it, good for you. This is a product that IMO is needed.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Are you JBeyer? look what they posted. That's how I read it.I'm not going to buy one but you can I don't care.

Here is an excerpt from the ad:

"The new plate adds rigidity to the Dana 20 case to help control distortion in the case under high torque loads, like when your right foot is planted to the floor opening up your fire breathing 408!"

Maybe they teach something differently in English 101 down there in MO, but nowhere in that statement does it say that there is a problem with the D20 case. I am not sure who pi$$ed on your wheaties, but it isn't that big of a deal. If you think that it is a worthless piece of bling - fine. But you don't need to get on a public forum and start slinging trash when a reputable vendor gets on and lets us know that they have a new product.

And like I said before, bling isn't my bag. I wouldn't get one of these - I was just kind of surprised at how ragged you were getting about such a little thing.

And as far as the JBeyer comment - well, you know where you can take that and put it - somewhere nice and dark.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
He! He! Think I'll head out to the outhouse and pout. I would suggest you go read the forum rules about personal attacks. I have EVERY right to state my opinion. Sorry you don't agree. My apologies though. I meant that as a funny crack about a ridiculous arguement of no consequence, not really at you. I see why you'd be offended but it was not my intention. I cast rhe first yet small stone.

I will say that there in my opinion was an implied statement about strength to try and sell a product that is not really an improvement over the original in any area other than appealing to the eye. I don't wish to make this any uglier than it's gotten cause so I will say no more other than I apologize when I implied anyone was a liar this also wasn't my intention but the words are wrtitten and I can't get out of it. I believe dana 20 cases can and have cracked. I do not believe it is a common problem. I alos believe there are no winners in a internet forum debate.

Last edited: